Waterproof Headphones

Boandtia

What waterproof headphones can you use with the Equinox in the sea ?

Why did they not fit a CTX 3030 headphone socket so we could use the phones we already have ?

Is there an Equinox to CTX 3030 headphone adaptor available ?

Welcome to the forum!

There are no waterproof headphones for the Equinox at this time because the detector is not on the market and available for sale. The first ones out will no doubt be the ones from Minelab that have the proper adapter on the end.

There currently is no Equinox to CTX adapter (for the same reason as above) though perhaps somebody will produce one in the future. You are assuming the CTX headphones are the same specifications except for the adapter and we don't know that for sure yet, though the have a similar appearance.

As far as why, only Minelab can answer for sure. However, my CTX could connect a waterproof headphone directly. Then, to use dry land phones, and large pass through "dummy module" has to be attached over the battery. This would be impossible to implement on the Equinox. The new connection allows for both waterproof and dry land headphones to be connected via a single, small fitting. Since keeping the weight down is important this is a solution that works. Perhaps there were other options but this is what we are getting. An adapter is included to attach standard 1/4" headphones but for other than underwater use I suspect most people will be going wireless.

minelab-equinox-underwater-headphones-and-adapter.jpg

Thanks very much for your reply.

I only ask because Minelab say it is waterproof to 10 feet so there must surely be some waterproof head phones available as your picture shows.    From what you say I am assuming they have to be bought separately.  They look like the old Koss phones I used on my Excalibur, in which case I will wait until there is an adaptor to be able to fit some decent waterproof ones. 

As you say wireless will be fine on the dry sand, no problem there

Yes, the waterproof headphones are optional since most people who buy an Equinox may never submerge it.

I tend to assume myself they are the same Koss phones as used on other Minelab models (with the exception of the connector) but all that is just an assumption until we know for sure.