Minelab Equinox Tones & Advanced Tone Options

Thanks for all the valuable info your're sharing with us. Please keep us informed on any new infromation or updates that might just trickle your way. Once again thanks!!!

"D"

• Thanks 1

On 11/25/2017 at 7:58 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

I have modified the original post. I had noted the Equinox 600 and Equinox 800 Fifty Tone options as being identical when that is no longer the case. The Equinox 800 will have the ability to customize the 50 Tone option, something I have not seen in previous “Full Tone”, “Multitone”, or “Delta Pitch” options on past detectors. Usually when you go full tones a detector just assigns a progressively higher preset tone to each target id number. The Equinox 800 will offer the ability to modify the 50 Tone option in ways I have not seen before. More on that later.

Wow.   That is huge!! 

"The Detector that is worth the wait" ;)

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2017 at 5:28 PM, Tiftaaft said:

Wow.   That is huge!! 

https://youtu.be/uoLoyg3JKRQ

"The Detector that is worth the wait" ;)

That's some stuff right there!!! 

"D" 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 4:14 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

I have the 800 on pre-order, and was thinking the 600 would be a great backup machine for the 800 :rolleyes:   Same coils, can use the wireless headphones that come with the 800 on a 600, same coils, etc.  

Many people have requested the ability to split the ferrous into two zones. That can be done easily on the Equinox 800 by going to Five Tone mode. Assign two segments to the ferrous region as you wish, and distribute the remaining three non-ferrous segments. You would have only three tones non-ferrous but in return you would have the ferrous split into small ferrous and large ferrous. This is something relic hunters will appreciate.

I'm not sure if I'd like this or not, but I will absolutely give it a try.  

Steve ...

Are you just going to publish a bunch of settings for us so that we don't have to try and self-learn all the details or are you going to offer training in Reno?  There are just lots of important adjustments here.

I suggest you set up a test garden some place with a certain number of stations.  At each of these stations there may or may not be a target.  If I was walking through your stations then I would have to write down the detector response at that station.  Between stations you could give us written instructions to change a setting (ferrous tone setting for example) and we would LEARN THE TECHNIQUE for modifying the detector for best use.

You would be able to have people stop by, pay you a fee and go out on the garden and learn their own detector!

Alternately you could do this with a class and have everyone pay you a couple hundred bucks or so ... I'm ready.

Are you?

Mitchel

• Like 1

Steve,

I think of you in many ways but a teacher and educator are near the top of the list.  I was just reading some interesting quotes from those we think of as have Genius abilities.  I won't quote all of them here but put a link.  The one I will quote applies to you I think:

1. Recipes tell you nothing. Learning techniques is the key. - Tom Colicchio, celebrity chef

All of the other quotes can be seen here:

http://www.signupgenius.com/groups/must-use-genius-quotes.cfm

Mitchel

Thanks for the compliment Mitchel. The Equinox is a very easy detector to run. The advanced tone options may seem complicated but most people will never delve into that stuff. The machine will run great for most people right out of the box with minimal adjustment of settings. All this stuff will be covered in great detail soon, and I am sure a cottage industry will emerge producing Equinox videos, books, etc.

My only goal at the moment is to see my way through the final delivery phase that should get pretty intensive over the coming weeks. Right now is the lull before the Equinox storm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Great rundown, Steve.  cjc

• Thanks 1