Who's Buying The 600?

Guest TreasureGuy

Guest TreasureGuy

minelab-equinox-600-basic-feature-poster.jpg

Anyone else buying the 600? I am for sure! I have owed a handful of detectors that run between these frequencies and they have been truly amazing.

I think the 600 specifications will be adequate for all my fields here in the UK, what about you?

Guest TreasureGuy
15 minutes ago, Northeast said:

Australia = 800...depending on reviews from 'on the ground'.  It has to be able to handle the ground :wink:

Very true! After reading a lot about the Equinox, I think 20/40khz will be great on fine gold pieces in mineralised soils.. 

The 600 is on my radar, but I won't be a super-early adopter.  After I hear/read the myriad of reports I expect (hope) will show up here I'll then decide.  $250 difference is an extra coil....

In June I bought the Fisher F75 black.  At the time the price ranges for the T2/F75 family, all on sale, ranged from $400 to $800 and I couldn't shake myself from getting every feature possible (including concentric coil capability) so went with the top-of-the-line = most expensive.  Over 110 hours in the field and I'm still learning.  But the settings I use >95% of the time were/are available on every model.  Still, I would have never known that and would always have wondered what I missed.  And that extra 5% could some day make the difference in a tough/special site.

Grass is always greener....  I wish I had someone local I had confidence in (e.g. good club like the Eureka Club I visited in Denver) where you can get hands-on face-to-face advice, even borrowing/trying a detector for a couple hours.  But that probably is unrealistic even with such access.  I wanted to try a White's V3i and found an acquaitance who let me swing his.  Besides getting a lecture on all the things I was doing 'wrong', when I asked about other settings settings he said he just left it in default(!).  So basically he had an expensive DFX, and that's all I got to experience.  :sad:

I sold the XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Teknetics G2, Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher Gold Bug 2, and one of my Garrett ATXs is currently up for sale. They are being replaced with the Equinox 800 freeing up a lot of space and putting a good chunk of change back in my pocket.

I do think the Equinox 600 is more than sufficient for most people. Honestly, it would do me quite well. Seeing all the machines I have eliminated and cash freed up however, the Equinox 800 for just $250 more is an easy “why not”?

Guest TreasureGuy
6 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

however, the Equinox 800 for just $250 more is an easy “why not”?

Hey Steve, I wish that statement would work with my wife... HaHa

I myself ordered the 800 even before I knew what it had to offer. My reasoning behind this is I’ve told all to buy the best you can afford.

Now you think about this long and hard before you buy. Say you buy the 600 and just maybe it don’t meet all your expectations but that money is gone. Like one said the difference is the cost of another coil. It’s nothing wrong with this thinking but it’s a lost cause it that detector don’t fit the bill for you.

just think it over before you leap.

Chuck

22 minutes ago, TreasureGuy said:

Hey Steve, I wish that statement would work with my wife... HaHa

It only works if you are selling machines at the same time :smile:

There are differences between the Equinox 600 and Equinox 800 but in my opinion the 600 really is the bang for the buck powerhouse. I do like all the extra tone options on the 800 but the reality for me is I normally hunt full tones (50 Tone mode). This is identical on both models. The vast majority of normal users do not need the Gold Mode (those that do know who they are). For $649 there is just nothing else on the market that comes close to the Equinox 600. Minelab could have priced it at $749 and the EQX800 at $999 and both would still sell like hot cakes. The extra low pricing is tossing gas on an already hot fire!

minelab-equinox-600-800-compared.jpg