My Equinox " Coming Out " Statement

Steve is telling us, what he believes he can he can ethically tell,without violating his personal Integraty!!  So, everyone will have to be patient, and just accept the trickle down info on other features of the Equinox 800!!            Les R.

• Like 1

• The topic was pinned

Steve

If you don’t stop taking a blood oath with detector companies like Minelab you going to need a blood transfusion.

I’ve ask this before but can you or Minelab tell us the price of the coils for the Equinox?

If I could get my hands on one of the coils I guess I could put it on a broom handle.

I’m not going to leave you hanging asking the question why. Well then I could dream I got my Equinox.

Never has so many been waiting on a dream that has yet come true.

Chuck

I don’t know what coils cost but you did ask previously here. I bumped it up for more attention.

You are just going to have to relax Chuck. The more you work yourself up, the worse it will be. The best bet is to go metal detecting with what you have and stay busy to help the time pass. Minelab will only release info as they have it. They don’t tell me everything, and truthfully there are things they simply have not decided yet.

I know you’re right Steve but I like what you call stir the pot a little.

I got a bad habit of not let a sleeping dog lie .

The Best to You!

Chuck

• Like 1

On 11/25/2017 at 6:39 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

More like a hard eye on non-disclosure agreements and what I am legally permitted to say. It never hurts to ask though :smile:

Hello Steve,

You opened a can of worms by saying you were part of the team who helped with the ML Equinox development.

Now everyone is bugging you, I feel sorry for you. And to everyone out there, please give Steve a break, he is just trying to help us. 

I know as soon Steve nows more, he will tell us what he knows!

PS Thanks again for your help Steve, and keep us posted.

Nobody is bugging me and people don’t have to “give me a break” but thanks for the sentiment.:smile: My only issue ever has been people that think anyone that has industry connections must automatically be a liar not to be trusted. That presumption of guilt until proven innocent is offensive to me and I have stopped posting on forums where that attitude is allowed to fester unchecked.

The whole point of this forum was to set up a place where I could post early information about Equinox while avoiding the drama that seems to go along with that. Equinox is threatening quite a few financial interests and the many trolls appearing on Facebook and other forums are evidence of this. Don’t believe for two seconds that many of these people do not have agendas of their own. Discredit Equinox and discredit anyone speaking positively about it is job one for that crowd.

People here are just the opposite thankfully. I set this up as a “fan club” as a way of telling the trolls, skeptics and negative nellies to go elsewhere. You all are fun and I enjoy the discussion and questions. I am just sorry that so often the answer has to be “wait for that”! :sad:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Steve

I know for myself this is a great forum and a active one. That’s why you find me here day after day with my two bits.

i think it’s great you got your hands on a Equinox. I know what you have to say about the Equinox only the truth will come from you.

I believe Minelab knows that the Equinox is a long step beyond anything we’ve known before in a detector. In yet they want a man like Steve to test it. Good bad or indifferent Steve will tell it like it is and when it comes down to it Minelab wants the same.

The reason Minelab didn’t send it to me is I’m so honorable I’d take the Equinox and they wouldn’t hear are see me again.haha I just hope if they do please send the small coil too. If not what’s the price?

I’ve said this before and that’s this is a great forum and thanks for putting up with my bull.

Chuck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't been this excited about a machine in a long time.  I've soaked up every bit of info I can find about it.  I am very happy to see that you are one of the testers Steve.  I've always respected your posts and find that your opinion and findings of detectors often match my own.  My buddy got to briefly use the Equinox at the last DIV hunt in Culpeper, VA. They compared it with the AT Max...and just like my finding with the Max, they found it began to give an all iron report at just a few inches in the ground on Civil War bullets.  They said the Equinox was still giving a good non iron signal down to 8-9 inches.  That is a big plus considering all VLFs struggle in that soil and will make everything read as iron.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm on a waiting list for the 800. I'm more interested in how far down the list. I don't know if I should start selling my other detectors now or sometime next year! Anyone looking for a Tesoro Tiger Shark, Sovereign Elite, Sovereign GT, Makro Gold Racer, or NIB Fisher F19 ?