A Short Hunt, Snagged 1

Good picture of hard working hands holding a nice nugget.  I'd let a few of the chores wait unless it is cutting firewood and go get more gold.

At least you got one after 2 hours but I hope you didn't stop then!  We should always say something like I looked for an hour and found one and then I searched for an hour more!

Mitchel

• Like 1

Scored some nice ones form this spot over the 2 years I'v  been hunting the area...So far I have hit it with coils sized 14" to the sadie...lots of cleared ground. Looking forward to my new 18" Elite  Thanks Luke ! :smile: coil that is  arriving on Friday to go over the area and see whats deeper.

I had a nice deep signal today also, after digging down to about 16 inches....heart pounding and anticipating a large nugget I dug an eagle belt buckle piece. Once a blue moon I find a piece to a buckle. The sweet thing about this eagle is a about  a year ago I found the tongue holder part of the two piece belt buckle just 15 yards away. Don't think its military as its very light in weight..but still a cool find!

eagle.jpg

• Like 5

12 hours ago, AuWanderer said:

Don't think its military as its very light in weight..

(Above in reference to the Eagle button)

Would you explain why lightweight indicates it's not authentic military?  I have a couple which I'm pretty sure are authentic issue and they are both two-piece hollow, so lightweight.  (Mine don't look like yours, but there have been lots of different designs, even/especially in the 19th century, so I don't think that means anything in terms of authenticity.)