X-Terra 70 & X-terra 705 As Nugget Detectors?

Haal perhaps the problem you are experiencing with the 705 and discerning from rusted cans and iron relics is that the rusted cans are tin and the detector sees that as not a bad target with the discrimination you have set. Try taking one of those cans and an iron relic and play with the discrimination til you get the can to blank out and the iron relic to come thru.

i bought one just for the prospecting mode.......it the gold pack one i never used it............my mate is france is running it hot to find tiny celtic coin.....a very underated machine for sure

RR

Rivers Rat, why haven't you used it? The 705 is one of the two best detectors you have. Do you have one of the 15" coils? The coin mode is really good as is the prospecting mode. Pull it out of the box and use it get familiar with it. As you do this write down some questions. I can help you thru the learning curve.

• Like 1

Great thread, Using a VLF/LF for prospecting puts the fun back in to Gold detecting, The fact that anyone can take part on a limited budget is one of the best traits of this hobby, It is not wise to take this hobby too seriously, spending big bucks does pile on the pressure even more so when you spend more than you should,

The 70/705 are great machines and don't get the credit they deserve.

keep up the good work.

J.

10 hours ago, goldseeker4000 said:

Rivers Rat, why haven't you used it? The 705 is one of the two best detectors you have. Do you have one of the 15" coils? The coin mode is really good as is the prospecting mode. Pull it out of the box and use it get familiar with it. As you do this write down some questions. I can help you thru the learning curve.

I am detecting 90% of time on iron infested of 2000 years of human occupation ......10% beach........i bought because u know it is good will give a go asap i promise !!!!!!!!!!!!!

RR

I couldn't even imagine what that would be like to detect an area with 2000 years of iron and other metals . But I do know what it is like to hunt relatively small areas with thousands of people working and leaving trash everywhere over course of 100 or so years.  Mines in montana and Idaho. In one area the is still a bulldozer resting on the bench of a creek from 1930's .

F75 dst and 3,5X6 deus and Lobo on 5,75 is giving me good result the Vista gold with 6" was good too,otherwise any tesoro with the 4" is good u will never know what u gonna find some places the machine won't even work so we use trowel and knee pads we call that scratching.Or Eyes only u find stuff too depending of course of the spot.Just bought a all time favourite a 1266XB with case and 2 coils for 210 euros inc delivery!!!!:)

RR

Well goldskr 4000 I guess you said it all when you said to take the time to learn the machine.  I've decided I like the x-terra 705 and I'm getting the small 6" coil,  It may be comparable to the GMT and  GB2 after all.  Have you ever found any use for the beach ground balance in gold prospecting?

• The title was changed to X-terra 70 & X-terra 705 As Nugget Detectors?
  • The title was changed to X-Terra 70 & X-terra 705 As Nugget Detectors?