Hate To Beat A Dead Horse... But

Possum

I just sold my X5 and trying to sell my Coin$trike with the intent on putting that money towards the XP Deus, which a friend of mine sales and swears by it. Well I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the XP Deus and I start reading about the ML Equinox 800. Now, here's the problem... I'M SO CONFUSED!!! I love what the XP Deus has to offer, but I'm liking about what I'm hearing about the Equinox 800. Has anyone done any comparisons? Should I do as previously intended and by the Dues or will the features of the Equinox compare to or exceed the Deus saving me money in the long run. Once again, sorry for harping on this, but I'd love a little experienced guidance. Thanks "D" 

D

Unless you’re in a rush to pull the trigger on a new detector why not sit back and wait. It’s always best to do what’s best for you being it’s your money. The Deus will be waiting if want but the Equinox will be doing it at less money and have the capability beyond your wildest dreams.

Chuck

If I hadn't sold my X5 I'd have no problem waiting, now I'm in panic mode ???

D

That’s the reason I went ahead and put my money down on the Equinox . If I haven’t I’d spent it on something else. I’ve just got to get it out of my hot little hands.

I want another pump for a dredge and I know it would went for it but I don’t need it till spring. Not even sure about the need for it yet.

Chuck

I am sorry, but the detector had not been released yet and so there are no serious comparison tests available at this time. Chances are any that are made by any testers will be discounted out of hand as biased. Until the machine is released to the public and third party testing commences, you have nothing but pre-release information to go by.

There are key feature differences. Is waterproof important? Easy decision. But if you are looking for good, solid comparison tests or reviews, none exist at this time.

Thanks Ridge Runner and Steve for the info, it's something to think about, but waterproofing is a big selling point.... "D"

I could well be wrong on this comment,  but I have been following the Equinox info since it has come out, and I get the feeling Minelab designed this unit to go head to head with the Deus,  and whoop it!  Just my gut feeling, from what I am reading , and reading between the lines.  I have considered the Deus  also since it came out, and a few things that were a negative for me.  Price, having to charge the coils and control box, and headphones.  A lot of trash objects are ID'ed in  the coin zone, and not the greatest depth.  I have read lately that the depth  has greatly improved .  I never did buy a deus.  

Thanks Redneck, I really appreciate your input. From what I've been seeing, reading etc... I believe I'm leaning more towards the Equinox 800. Once again thanks!!! "D"