Not Gold-- Relics and Coins!

Great video "dudes" and makes me feel like trying my hand at Coin hunting however I only have a GPX 5000 and an old ancient GT 16000.

Had to smile when you blokes kept calling one another "dude" as us Aussie's would be saying "maaate". 

Sweet! This is JUST the inspiration I needed to see right now! :)

You got that right. I would rather make a find like that 1843 dime than a gold nugget. I find gold nuggets. 1800's coinage? A couple in 40 years of metal detecting. I just never frequented old places and the few times I have gone out so far since moving south have not had the luck yet. You guys make it look easy, but just like nugget detecting it is location and hard work. They don't come easy, and that is what makes finds like that impressive.

As I grew up in Alaska dude was more a pejorative. An out of place city slicker. The dude of the dude ranch. I guess my age is showing as I am having to adjust to hearing it used in a good way.

Good job, and thanks for sharing!

Nice finds Ron. I too really enjoy finding old coins. There's just something about the history and travels of an old coil that sparks the imagination. Found, it begins the journey again.

Mike