Minelabs Next Flagship Detector What Will It Be

schiara

What do you suppose Minelabs next flagship gold detector will be, and how long will it be until Minelab releases it.

I just want to make a comment on the GPZ 7000, in my opinion Minelab hit a home run, more depth, more stability, more everything and over all better settings and digital presentation, its truly a modern technological marvel...

Where could Minelab possibly improve on the GPZ ?

1 hour ago, schiara said:

Where could Minelab possibly improve on the GPZ ?

The Z is only their first ZVT detector, as the SD2000 was their first PI, they will improve on it no doubt. Just imagine the improvements if it were to be as the jump from the SD2000 to the GPX5000. I would think they are well into the R&D of the next improvement, be it increased sensitivity or depth or lighter coils. Pfff be tops but going on their past.

Like me the Z could lose some weight. If it would it make it easier for older guys to swing it and last longer in the field. I do believe the price would come down at the same time.

This would benefit young and old alike being the price drop brings it in the range of affordability for so many.

Chuck

I have no idea what the next generation of ZVT will look like. My wish list is short...

1. Ferrous discrimination
  2. A setting that can ground balance certain hot rocks that currently signal (like Fine Gold on a GPX)
  3. A true Salt Mode
  4. Lighter weight

As far as when... this is the history so far. Click for larger version.

C34E2C8D-3C4F-4EFE-93AC-05209864CBA3.png

Personally, the weight does not bother me, in fact I would accept more weight for greater depth. But I think some of the reason why its so heavy is for the purpose of durability. Lighter could mean more susceptibility to breaking. I like that the Z is built well and will last many years.

I would even pay a higher price for more depth, even if it means more weight.  Minelab could provide features like disc through software, as long as the circuitry will support it.

I can hardly wait to see what Minelab has in mind for the next flagship gold detector.

Not that I would ever be able to afford a 7000 or newer model the one thing I would like to have seen with the 7000 was the availability of a larger selection of available coils.  Like WesD said a small coil for creek beds would be nice.  Depth advantage with a large coil is lost if you have to keep it up 6 to 8 inches to clear rocks.

• Like 1