New Wireless Headphones By Minelab

There are new wireless headphones by minelab coming soon that will work with the Gold Monster 1000. I was told they will be in the ballpark of $125.

That would require a transmitter box or dongle since the Gold Monster does not have built in wireless, and such a system should work with other detectors. I would not be surprised to see something based on the new WM08 module being developed for the Equinox.

Minelab in my opinion needs to start over with wireless to a certain extent and come up with a system that is common to all their machines. Right now the CTX wireless, GPZ wireless, and Pro-Sonic wireless are all basically incompatible. Just start with the new system and phase out or retrofit the rest over time. 

• Thanks 1

You are correct Steve these headphone will be universal for their detectors. I'm tired of kneeling on my headphone cord for the Monster. Awsome detector, bad headphones.

Would be lovely no doubt if the CTX, Z and ProSonic were compatible wireless systems, I`d have the ProSonic remote on both the CTX and the Z in an instant. Now a wireless headphone seems to be on the agenda, hopefully it will be say compatible with the ProSonic to get some kind of compatibility going. I note the Equinox listed specs. state that ordinary Bluetooth headphones are compatible(if I`m reading them correctly), as well as aptX etc. maybe ML are sorting out a standard, but with advances in tech that can hold progress back pffff who knows.

I can say right now that the aptX Bluetooth on Equinox is superb and all I require. If there is a lag it is so small I don't notice it at all. Regular Bluetooth is included just to extend compatibility to nearly all Bluetooth devices, though there will be lag that some will not like, especially in dense targets. Others who swing for long periods between targets probably won't care.

The real standard setting is happening with Bluetooth and eventually a version will be fast enough and gain widespread acceptance. Then these proprietary fixes can go away.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I can say right now that the aptX Bluetooth on Equinox is superb and all I require. If there is a lag it is so small I don't notice it at all. Regular Bluetooth is included just to extend compatibility to nearly all Bluetooth devices, though there will be lag that some will not like, especially in dense targets. Others who swing for long periods between targets probably won't care.

The real standard setting is happening with Bluetooth and eventually a version will be fast enough and gain widespread acceptance. Then these proprietary fixes can go away.

Thanks Steve.  I hope your suggestions are helping them with the final release.  Is the volume enough or do you need the booster?

Mitchel

Sure did but we are a bit behind, check out the Equinox Fan club. Thought something was on a few months ago, tis the way Steve was holding his head.:wink:

• Like 1