Mercury Dime Teaser

Nice silver Steve!  Your comments about target depth in hot ground are encouraging. 

Very much enjoyed reading your posts Steve.  For me it's fantastic to see you testing the Equinox, and your ground is tough like many of the places I detect in California and Nevada as well.  For example, Tom and I are on an excursion this weekend and the site we're detecting has some really hardcore ground.  On one side of the site my Impact ground balances at 68, if I walk 50 feet away, it ground balances at 22.  Matter of fact when I first started detecting today it balanced at 22, and later it could no longer ground balance with ground grab.   I went to the other side of the site and as usual it balanced at 68.   It's all alkali soil, nasty stuff and it doesn't seem to bother Tom's Explorer2.  I bet the Equinox will be fantastic at this site.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Steve

Have you had a chance yet to compare tracking to fixed GB at the park?  I'm curious to know if it has a little bit of X-T 705 DNA in the tracking circuit. :smile:

Thanks

I have not nailed that down yet by a long shot. I am kind of being pulled in a zillion directions right now as regards Equinox and things are still in flux. Given my newfound fondness for using ground tracking on a continuous basis due to my use of the GPZ and Gold Monster, both of which I always use in ground tracking mode (only option on Gold Monster) I have come to have great respect for Minelabs ground tracking technology. It may be the final product with Equinox proves to be the same, but I just don't know yet. Mostly due to lack of time and other priorities. My last week away put a real crimp in things at a critical time. And I return to frozen ground in Reno - another roadblock.

• 4 weeks later...

The Equinox sounds like it could be another game changer. Remember back when we were swinging the Sovereign? BBS technology, good stuff weighed a ton and then the Explorer hit the market. FBS technology that rocked the detector world. Ahh the XS and the S. Who remembers the S? Very few people bought them opting for the XS. That XS is STILL a killer coin machine in the right hands. I rode that FBS wagon, had the XS, EX II, SE and SE Pro (same machine) Etrac and CTX. Many of them and ALL are amazing machines! 

Minelab is at it again with another great machine to be released. 

I have a sweet addiction with that french gal but dang I am excited about the Equinox!!

Gonna be a great year!!

• Like 1

Jeff,

I see you are in PA.  I grew up in western PA and go back often, detecting as much as I can while I'm there.  I hope you are on the OTHER side of the state; if you've been swinging every model of FBS since they came out, and now the Deus, and soon, the Equinox, it wouldn't seem that there would be a whole lot left in the ground for me to clean up behind you, in most spots!  LOL!

Welcome to the forum.

Steve

Steve,

I live in north-central Pa. Northumberland county to be exact. I have traveled to western Pa many times but I don't detect there. I hunt locally and the pickins are getting slim. This year I will need to do alot of door knockin to find some goodies. 

Minelab machines have been good to me but I sure do remember the first time I started listening to what was described as "it sounds like a drowning duck" LOL

That sound compared to the simple beep? Whoa that took some time!!

Good luck to you and all!!

"Pickens are getting slim," Jeff?  You wouldn't have anything to do with that, would you?!  LOL!

And yes, the "drowning duck" thing, I understand.  LOL!  I do love those tones now, though...

I'm glad that the Equinox maintains some of the "Minelab tones," as I understand it from some of Steve's reports.  While I'm sure there will be differences -- i.e. the Equinox will have its own "dialect," I'm glad there's some "carryover" of the "language" from other Minelab machines.  It should "ease the learning curve" a tad, for those who have used Minelabs in the past, I'd think.

Steve