Gold Monster 1000 Nuggets

Gary,  Very nice gold my friend and can I share your photo to other potential customers?

I recommend like the other guy and drop your Sens down a couple notches.  Just curious which coil is giving you more fits, as I have sold 100+ units and am taking notes from my customers. 

We'll have to do a couple hunts next year.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2017 at 4:01 AM, CH297 said:

Hi, Have any of you guys experience difficulty in locating a target when swinging the dirt with your hand over the coil of the GM. My machine register a signal even if my hand is empty, I now have to use a plastic scoop with the dirt makes it awkward cause when you transfer the dirt to one hand you then have to put it back on the plastic scoop to double check.

Like to hear

CH

Thanks JW

Thought I was the only one with this problem, haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. 

Some people use the two scoop method.  Don't use a hand over the coil.

I pickup the target in the scoop and transfer the target to my hand from the scoop.  Once it is in my hand I transfer small portions into the scoop until I can hear it again.  I repeat.  It should take about 3 transfers.  I never swing my hand over the coil.  That is reserved for the scoop.  

Mitchel

Yeah, tried number of times using  a scoop went back to old method, just pick up small amount of soil with ? nugget in hand, run coil back over suspected dug out soil, if no signal drop dirt carefully through fingers over top of level coil, you`ll know when is on coil then just move around with finger.

Reading back through my method, sounds a wee drawn out but with practice is easy as. Important for quick recovery is to know your coil-MD and spend a wee bit of time pinpointing with coil before & after dug out, usually once dug out you`ll pick it up with the coil heel or toe (DD coil, side with concentric or mono, coil held vertical.) which narrows down the pinpointing easily.

I think tis whatever you are comfy with.

JW Yeah the Zs  the most difficult for those bits, especially those specks with the 19, but it is  remarkable that the 14 and 19 can score those pieces at depth way beyond any other detector. My method originated with the VLFs, the GM2 in particular, I suspect if I kept a nugget count it would be the leader detector for me, not in weight just numbers.

Yeah I`ll keep trying a scoop but it is easy to leave behind, especially now I`ve the Monster to locate those difficult ones once dug out. Got a mate that had a 100+ oz patch he found, a broken down reef with many 1000s of small stuff, surprising to me, he is now converted and uses a scoop all the time, so tis hope for me.:wink:

Thanks Gerry,

I was using the 5 inch coil for the nuggets shown, but have also used the large coil.  I am using Mike's Gold Monster while my Fisher GB-2 is in for repairs. (It is back as of today, but of course the season is over now.)  It is probably true that I was pushing the sensitivity on the small coil and that could have been my problem.  I was able to learn which signals to ignore and by going a little slower was able to pretty much solve the problem.  Thanks to all the forum member's comments and help.  Sure, use the photo as you need.

Looking forward to getting out with you again.

Your friend,

Gary

• Like 1