Having Faith In Your Detector

Not up with American currency so I’m not sure how big those pieces are but it’s a start and the angular nature suggests they have not gone a long way from there source . I think the most important thing about breaking the gold drought is the enormous boost it gives your confidence both in your ability and that of the machine as well. It also gets rid of the nagging negativity you can develop when things don’t seem to be coming together. Once that pressure is off you will find your search becomes a lot more relaxed and satisfying .I hope it’s the first of a lot more finds for you and your Gold Monster.

PM??

• Like 2

"I will have faith in my gear"

This should be no. 2 on the list of 10 Commandments for Electronic Prospectors. 

No. 1 is - I will love doing this even on days when I find no gold :rolleyes:

Well done, the next bits will come a lot easier I think. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Bill,

Well done! (I bet you couldn't believe your luck!)  You have about the right amount of time per day in I'd say.  It lets you enjoy the activity and still be focused.  Now you can hear the gold.

How deep were the nuggets and were they near each other?

Patches will come your way.  Gold has a source and when you find some go in circles around where you found it.  You are mapping out a path on how it got there.  You can see the gullies and follow them.  It is harder to follow hillsides or ridges but they all can hold gold.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Now that we know you are in Quartzsite we'll be able to have a better idea of your gold problem also.  There are many patches and many on this forum that have been going there for many years.

Make sure you go see Blake at Miner's Depot and join the Quartzsite Metal Detecting Club.  Their 'season' has just started and you will get lots of information from them at the claims and at the coin hunts.  It is truly one of the best clubs in the world.

Mitchel

It took me six or seven years before I found my first nugget with a detector. With that said, one's success does In fact have everything to do with your faith and confidence in your detector and in yourself. Every time I went out gold detecting and didn't have 100% confidence that I was going to find a nugget that day or weekend , I was met with failure. But on the other hand that every time I went out with 100% confidence I would find one, these are the days I have success. Don't let that doubt creep into your thoughts from the moment you leave your house to go detecting until you have nuggets in hand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Make sure you go see Brandon at Miner's Depot and join the Quartzsite Metal Detecting Club

Watch those typos Mitchell, his name is Blake actually.? And yes, a great club!

Congrats on your hard-won gold Bill, you've got me beat; it took nearly two seasons of fruitless searching before finally unearthing my first detected nugget. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Bill,

Well done! (I bet you couldn't believe your luck!)  You have about the right amount of time per day in I'd say.  It lets you enjoy the activity and still be focused.  Now you can hear the gold.

How deep were the nuggets and were they near each other?

Patches will come your way.  Gold has a source and when you find some go in circles around where you found it.  You are mapping out a path on how it got there.  You can see the gullies and follow them.  It is harder to follow hillsides or ridges but they all can hold gold.

Mitchel

They were 4 or 5 inched deep about 10 feet apart. I went back this morning and circled the area and never found another one. Theres always tomorrow. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lunk said:

Watch those typos Mitchell, his name is Blake actually.? And yes, a great club!

Congrats on your hard-won gold Bill, you've got me beat; it took nearly two seasons of fruitless searching before finally unearthing my first detected nugget. 

Yes, it is Blake!  Can I still change it?  

Changed, thanks Lunk.

• Like 1