Equinox & Salt Water

Its about time they did a test or two . Many people on Facebook have been having doubts about the machine . 

Bloody Hell we still have another month yet :sad:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orgone500 said:

New facebook video showing the response on a buried coin on the beach. Very impressive...

And that was an English £1 at about 10" deep and possibly the coin was still on edge ways.

A cracking response even with the coil underwater.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nuke em said:

Its about time they did a test or two . Many people on Facebook have been having doubts about the machine . 

Bloody Hell we still have another month yet :sad:

Part of the problem I think is that most testers A. are not required to speak out and B. kind of think it is a waste of time anyway. People can doubt away and frankly, who cares? It's all water under the bridge anyway once the Equinox gets into more people's hands. The doubters will always doubt no matter what if any "proof" comes from people involved with Minelab in any way at all. For me, and yes I am kicking myself to the curb here when saying so, the real proof will only come when thousands of Equinox detectors are in detectorists hands around the world. Even then the doubts will continue. Historically all new Minelab models are met with extreme skepticism along with considerable guerilla attacks from people with hidden agendas. Yet in almost every case, a year or two goes by, and what everyone once questioned suddenly becomes accepted fact.

The same exact scenario will play out here except the process should sort rather quickly this time due to the huge number of Equinox detectors that will soon be in the hands of the general public. Many people are already laying plans for boosting their YouTube viewership by reviewing the Equinox. Many will of course be looking to prove predetermined things, but enough video and enough reviews from enough parties should be available in record time for people to sort it all out for themselves.

The ace in the hole as far as I am concerned is I know Equinox works and works well. People will no doubt dispute some fine edges of performance difference here and there but there is no overlooking the fact that this is a heck of a lot of detector for the money. The way the detector world REALLY works is success breeds success. It is all about using machines and making finds. If enough people like me get turned on enough to use Equinox exclusively, then the finds will come. The finds become the proof that generates more sales. More sales means more people, more videos, more finds. It's the Garrett formula for success. Get good performing machines into lots of hands with aggressive pricing, and success becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Because Equinox actually works! :smile:

• Like 2

Most Minelabs work well in the salt but because the machine is a lot cheaper than most of the older ones and is a Terra replacement people want to see the proof. I know it should work well , multi freq up to now always does.

The only reason i will continue to use the older machines is that i wont get much for them if i sell so i may as well use them till i have made their money back then sell for peanuts .

Anyway i will have 2 Equinox by the end of 2018. One other machine i wont sell is the ET , target info is too good and it saves time on beaches .

For me the only downside to the Equinox is the 12 hour battery life , if double that then brilliant but sometimes at night in the Summer i am searching solidly all night for that long or longer . My ET / Explorer has the RNB battery which lasts 30 plus hours.

• Like 1

Steve..... you have to admit the initial CTX for water hunting makes us want to proceed with caution..... especially for the initial cost.   i agree it seems we watch every video and comments from a tester....... taking a negative stance.   Many may be thinking...... once the first batch is out..... will their be changes needed and they wont get them without additional cost.    As a water hunter im more willing to say so what....... it will pay for its self after a few times out and ive come to expect repairs.   That video is about as simple as it gets...... but speaks volumes when you consider its at the waters edge in the oat meal and a good 10" deep.   I know no one has the yellow phones to dunk the machine...... there lies the question about its ability to me..... and thats not a negative statement its just how good will it be?

Absolutely, I get it. Anybody who has the slightest concerns at all should wait at least 6 months to a year before even considering the Equinox. I am not aware of any claims at all by Minelab or anyone else that the Equinox will be a better water hunting machine than existing Minelab detectors. I am certainly not making that claim. That being the case you have plenty of reason to question why anyone would think that it is so.

From Minelab Multi-IQ Technology Explained:

“How does Multi-IQ compare to BBS/FBS? Multi-IQ uses a different group of fundamental frequencies than BBS/FBS to generate a wide-band multi-frequency transmission signal that is more sensitive to high frequency targets and slightly less sensitive to low frequency targets. Multi-IQ uses the latest high-speed processors and advanced digital filtering techniques for a much faster recovery speed than BBS/FBS technologies. Multi-IQ copes with saltwater and beach conditions almost as well as BBS/FBS, however BBS/FBS still have an advantage for finding high conductive silver coins in all conditions.” (emphasis added)

I am 100% sure Minelab is trying to take market share from their competition. If it has got down to where the only question in everyone’s mind is which Minelab is better - what does that say about the competition?

Metal Detectors and Early Adopters

• Like 1

Its still a Terra replacement , a dealer told me 2 to 3 years ago that they were looking at the Terra because of age . And i knew it would be this year . Its why i sold my last 705 . Didn't quite expect the machine thats coming . 

They may well still sell the Terra's but just like the ET replaced the Explorer's they will most likely drift into history . Maybe Minelab will bring out Equinox's 200 and 400 to replace them ?

They have used the 300(305) , 500(505) and 700(705) , now we have the 600 and 800 there must be others coming . I heard there was going to be an X.Terra 900 or abouts so maybe a 1000 is coming too? 

Humour me !!

• Haha 1

Quite a while ago on another forum , i think dare i say it MLO if i'm allowed ? i remember putting on that or a forum what i wanted to see in a new Terra . As the Nel coils were out and they could switch freqs with a 9v battery i thought up what i wanted . I am certain Minelab saw that post ?

Still anyway to me this is the natural replacement for the Terra even if it is much more capable . 

It still has the same though straight stem , it has a Pro type coil which was one of the things i said , it has the same arm cup and instead of having the control box off the hand grip it has the entire control box/hand grip able to come off. It has the same tones , OK different settings but thats to compete with Garrett AT types. 

Whether the Terra carries on or not that wont matter but the Equinox is and will take over from the Terra . I can however see something else coming soon to slip in between the Go Find and the Equinox and that may be in terms of price the replacement for the Terra . As for the ET and Safari they will be next and they will be replaced by something in the £1450 range (same in Dollars) or maybe a bit more but hopefully not to much . 

• Like 1