Sign in to follow this  
Highlandhowler

Classifiers And What They Are Originally Used For

So its puzzled me why panning classifiers are solely made for gold prospecting.Surely the manufacturers must be going out of business to make these items solely for the prospecting industry.Well this is not the case.I did some in depth investigation and spoke to a friend of mine in the plastics industry in China and showed him a pic of a classifier.What he came back to me with was quite interesting.

Classifiers are actually made for the pyrotechnic/firework industry hence there manufacture origin in China.Kaboom and off it goes.They are used for milling black powder and other pyro ingredients.So if you want a set of classifiers and don't want to pay $24 a piece, then check out a pyro supplies store on the internet and you will be pretty surprised when the exact same classifiers /screens we purchase for prospecting cost around $12 a piece or cheaper.

• Like 3

Got a website address? Not that I need yet another screen but I kinda do to fit into a 2 gallon white bucket. I can't handle 5 gallon buckets anymore, too darn heavy when full.

http://www.pyrodirect.com/Item/027-2004, and this place is here in USA in Pennsylvania.

Yes, they are 12 bucks each, thanks for the money saving info.

-Tom

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By phrunt
      Has anyone made a crevice sucker? 
      I was thinking of buying one until I saw the price locally, cheapest ones are $110 + $15 shipping, seems a bit much for what they are, looks like people are making some out of PVC pipe but I can't find any decent plans online to use to make one.
      If anyone has some good plans they would be greatly appreciated.

• By SteveJJ
      Ok, I'm a newb, and maybe a bit impressionable, but this really caught my attention. It's a long video by Doc of Gold Hog, but if you jump to about 20:00 you'll just see it in action to see for yourself. It's essentially a small short sluice that is hand operated. He processes a bucket in less time that it took me to do one pan (first day of panning). I figure this is a good way to run some material quickly, without the sluice. 
      I'm just beginning and hope this isn't a hoax, but it sure looks to make a lot of sense. Maybe someday I'll have a dredge or high banker, but this sure beats the pan for concentrating and suits my budget.
      Hope you enjoy the vid as much as I did!

• By prosoloact
      After researching every gold wheel available, priced under $1,000.00? The Keene GW25, 25in diameter gold wheel proves to be the most bang for the buck, being able to produce gold dust-sized gold, and feed 400+ lbs of material per hour.
      At $475, it can't be beat.
    • By LipCa
      Mods to try to catch some fine gold... 
      Cut box down to 3', added ribbed mat and punchplate.  built a new inlet.
      Will try it out this weekend.....

• By madtuna
      Hi Folks, say you hypothetically  had a fair amount of crushed ore to process, and due to the amount of mustard gold in quantities worth recovering, what would you recommend and why?
      Water can be a problem so recirculating would be good, portability is a big want, will be using mercury and a retort due to the mustard gold.
      Open to suggestions.

Many thanks,

Steve
    • By Triplehooked
      Has anyone tried one of these? Looks like a versatile piece of kit! I'm wondering what kind of run time you would get out of the electric pumps on say a 29 series deep cycle battery...

https://keeneeng.com/mini-max-power-sluice/