Equinox Sensitivity

Cabo Chris

Obviously all our Equinox concerns will be answered soon, but after watching most of the posted Equinox videos online several times... I noticed when near one another all those Equinoxes seem noisy?  I guess that's to be expected.  Yet I think I also noticed many were set to max sensitivity?  Obviously testing a new detector one wants to see max capability, but wonder where sensitivity will have to be set in actual field conditions for stability, such as in saltwater and how lowering sensitivity effects performance?  From experience the Excalibur typically runs best at mid sensitivity, perhaps slightly more when in the sea, while still performing great on most jewelry.  I hope that will be the case with the Equinox?     

I bear in mind that what is being witnessed online are testers and pre-production machines.  They are still being tweaked for the final model and the testers are pushing them harder than a normal user probably would.

• Like 1

Any video online right now is of a prototype, and the Detectival videos shows dozens of detectors operating in close quarters. The noisy operation there is probably interference. Regardless, the Equinox is quite normal as regards sensitivity. Just push it as high as you want. For some people that means getting to the edge of unstable then backing off one. For others it may mean running a little noisy. My experience is that Equinox can be run hot yet quiet in normal ground and electrical environments, only needing to back off in unusual situations, like extreme EMI (electrical interference) due to close proximity to power lines or some such. In severe ground some reduction of sensitivity may be required. Bottom line nothing unusual or unexpected in this regard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Equinox Sensitivity