Do I need to say anything about this? Enjoy.

Re: Treasure Classifieds - Someone has a question about your listing

DB
Daniel v Brandenburg <danielvbrandenburg@gmail.com>
boomerang_64_blue.png

app-icon.png

wl_icon_standalone.png

Reply|
Today, 10:39 AM
You
Good morning John,

I am okay with the Terms and Condition of sale as seen on the advert including Your Final asking Price as Stated.I have gone through the content of the advert once again am very satisfy.Payment will be made out via a Check which will be issue to you for the payment and pick up will be arrange after the Check is Fully Cleared by your Bank.I will not be able to come over to view it because i'm always busy at work but i believe that all the details of the advert are right and will want update about the Service History. You don't have to worry yourself about the shipment, My Shipper will take care of pick up as soon as you confirm the payment is Cleared by your Bank. let me know if there is any other miscellaneous payment like,the tax charges, etc that will be added to it.Transportation and maintenance cost will be added to the Total amount that will be issued on the Check. it will be used By My shipper who will be coming for the Pick Up at your location after your bank confirms cash available for use.My shipper is the one that will act on my behalf regards the documentation of the change of ownership so any signation will be sign by my shipper pick up and other all necessary detail information will be fill by shipper so don't worry yourself about the change of ownership documentation will be taken care by my shipper.Get Back to me with information listed below in order to make out the Check and payment will be issued and send via first class Mail

Name to Be Write on The Check
Address To Send the Check To so you receive and get it Deposited in your bank.
Your Phone Numbers.

Many Thanks.
Daniel.

I had a similar one on Treasure Classifieds.  I kept stringing it along to see the cashiers check and turn it over to the Postal Inspection Service.   I think he smelled it out and quit emailing. 

I had one just like this, just this week. I posted a wood stove for sale on Craigslist and get an email just like Johnny's, bad English and sentence structure too.

Fortunately I have been around the block a time or two and recognized it for what it was. I sent this reply by email which ended any further contact.

Avoiding Scams

Deal locally, face-to-face �follow this one rule and avoid 99% of scam attempts.
Do not extend payment to anyone you have not met in person.
Beware offers involving shipping - deal with locals you can meet in person.
Never wire funds (e.g. Western Union) - anyone who asks you to is a scammer.
Don't accept cashier/certified checks or money orders - banks cash fakes, then hold you responsible.
Transactions are between users only, no third party provides a "guarantee".
Never give out financial info (bank account, social security, paypal account, etc).
Do not rent or purchase sight-unseen�that amazing "deal" may not exist.
Refuse background/credit checks until you have met landlord/employer in person.

• Like 3

Yes I've had that type of reply on Craigslist.  It's amazing what they'll come up with next. 

whatever happened to good old fashioned handshakes in person sales transactions  and green cash, altho I see cashiers constantly checking even 10 and 20 dollar bills for fakes ?

Society just seems to be going straight downhill lately, dunno why ?

-Tom V.

I follow the old Golden Rule, if it sounds to good to be true, it most likely is. Stay Away ...................

• Similar Content

• By MineBlab
      There is an area of a park that I hunt that I have gone over many times with my CTX, Deus, and EQ 800. I have studiously tried to learn  how to use the many features of each detector to know good targets from questionable ones. Recently friends have expressed an interest in trying metal detecting so I bought a Quest Q20 to loan them because it is simpler than my other machines while still having minimally useful features. Took it out to the area of the park mentioned above to check it out and....you guessed it....found my best find of the past year, a heavy gold plated silver ring. Which got me to thinking.......(always dangerous).
      Its been discussed before of course but I wonder how many of us use all the info and adjustments of our machines to find the good stuff but only end up using all that info almost as a reason NOT to dig. Is that why a new detector always seems to "bring hunted out sites back to life"? Is that why, in the face of increasing technology, beep and dig machines are still out there doing well?
      Knowing your machine(s) is necessary for sure and it's fun tweaking them to get their best. But just what is their best? We've all seen a good strong signal turn out to be something other than what was indicated. Still, there are a few people who can tell an awful lot about a target before digging it and digging every beep is hardly a viable option. Plus you can't sweep every square inch of a site.
      BUT....... I'll bet most of us just outsmart ourselves more often than not. Or is that just me?
    • By brad4555665
      It's not magnetic heavy kind of soft 

• By Ronjas
      One year ago My husband and I decided to try our hand at metal detecting.We were total newbies with a steep learning curve. We purchased a used Xterra 705 for our starting machine. We downloaded and printed Randy Horton’s Xterra guide and have read it many times.  It is a valuable tool for any Xterra owner. We spent the last year educating ourselves on the basics of metal detecting and getting to know our machine. 
      We are feeling pretty confident about the Xterra except for one issue.  I am looking for advice on any errors we are committing or if we possibly have something wrong with our detector.  We have contacted minelab, but they never got back to us about our issue.  So here goes...
      We are having an issue with TID numbers with in ground silver. We have several old silver coins we use for testing.  They air test  perfectly per published Xterra TID charts. When we place a coin (dime, quarter or half dollar, doesn’t matter) in a dug plug and cover, the coins register as ferrous (-8, -6 or -4) every time regardless of the coil we have installed.  We have the stock 9” 7.5 kHz and the 6” 18.75 kHz Double D coils.  We cannot get silver to register as anything but ferrous in the ground.  The depth does not matter.  
      We usually run in all metal or discrim 1 on occasion.  We go through a set up each time we arrive at a place to detect that includes noise canceling, threshold, sensitivity and manual ground balance, although we usually detect in auto ground balance. We use 99 tones and silver in the ground has a ferrous “thunking” sound to go along with the TID numbers.
      We have reset to factory setting several times in the hope of solving this issue to no avail.  We are out of ideas and possibly need service.  Thank you for reading this far.  Any advice or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.  

• By Fskafish
      I was wondering if anyone would want to share pictures of there display cases, not so much shadow boxes but anyone with larger display cases. I love old and nice ones so thought it would be cool to see some...ive got one i pulled out of a general store that opened in the 1930s and been working on it for awhile getting it cleaned up, also have a smaller one that i literally seen in a junk pile on the side of the road that ive been working on replacing rotten wood and for sum reason they lined the inside with wallpaper so been cleaning that up to.. i found the smaller one and amazingly the old glass didnt even have a crack in it..

• By U_U
      When primary aim is finding meteorites (also with low iron/ nickel content), what metal detector would be a good idea to get (within budget)?
      Minelab Gold Monster 1000 (no manual ground balance, does this matter?)
      Minelab Equinox 600 (no real all metal mode??)
      Makro Multi Kruzer (how sensitive to small objects?)
      Makro Gold Kruzer (unknown when it will ship)
      Other detector (why?)
      Or do I need to spend more, i.e. get an XP Deus? I would very much appreciate any insight or even practical experience. Thank you very much for your time!

• By Fskafish
      Got out with the equinox, got this old piece of brass i think. Does anyone know what this might be?