Toned-down Marketing

tsunamiscott

I was cruising through the Minelab website looking for any new bits on the Equinox and came across this marketing video that compares the detectors in the "Treasure Detector" range.  I think it's interesting, though not surprising, that the marketing hype is toned-down when the Equinox is compared to the rest of the Minelab range. 

• Like 3

It's certainly interesting where Minelab are putting the Equinox in their line up.   I thought it may have been just below the CTX. 

I think it's a good video by ML demonstrating choices for beginners.  I suspect many may be disappointed with the Equinox as despite being a new technology, it appears to be more simplistic than say even a CTX 3030.  Absolutely nothing wrong with that for treasure hunters who prefer simple.  As mostly a shallow water hunter in search of gold and platinum jewelry in the sea, I prefer an Excalibur.  It's BBS technology and simplicity allow me to find the most gold in the least time on treasure hunting vacations.  Do I consider my CTX 3030 to be a better detector than my Excalibur- yes!  But I always choose the best tool for the job.  Which machine is better than the other does not matter to me as much as which detector finds the most for my detecting/ style.  

For me Minelab machines have found more treasure than all the other brands I've tried combined.  I place my faith in Minelab.  As a small business owner I find the way Minelab has left us all speculating over the Equinox brilliant marketing!  My hope is not that the Equinox is better or faster than say a Deus or other machines...  But that the Equinox and it's new technology a better tool for me.  

As an example when I travel to the Caribbean with 4 to 6 other guys, we're limited on how many pieces of luggage we can fit into our rental vehicle.  While I used to pack 2 checked pieces of luggage I now check only one, not only saving the extra $50 to $80 for the second bag, but space in our van.  Then each checked bag is limited to 50lbs or another fee is charged, not to mention lugging a 60lb+ bag around a pain.  Keeping your bag under 50lbs is a trick when one travels with 2 or 3 detectors.  I always travel with a back-up machine and everything that goes with it.  My hope is that the Equinox works as good as my Excalibur in shallow saltwater.  It does not have to be better, just as good as.  Because if it is, then traveling with a pair of Equinox will seriously reduce travel weight!  Others obviously have different requirements.  

Who knows, the Equinox may turn out to be pure magic and I thank Minelab for the quality products and technology they bring to market hyping it up or not.         

• Like 1