20 KHz Disc Mode

Jackpine

Since I only hunt freshwater the beach mode is of no real use to me.  I would use Relic in its place for that.   The only quibble I have against the 800 is that the 20 kHz freq should have been a disc mode.  That in my mind would have made a more "all around" machine.

If budget is a concern, the lower price of the 600 would defray the cost of buying the waterproof headphones.  So that is a consideration.

I didn't pre-order and facing 4 months of winter have time to decide which would suit me best.

On 12/7/2017 at 8:37 AM, Jackpine said:

The only quibble I have against the 800 is that the 20 kHz freq should have been a disc mode.  That in my mind would have made a more "all around" machine.

Hi Tom,

Had to get this cleared just for you. The following is 99% certain at this time (MF = Multifrequency):

Equinox 600:
Park Mode – MF, 5, 10, & 15 kHz
Field Mode – MF, 5, 10, & 15 kHz
Beach Mode – MF only

Equinox 800:
Park – MF, 5 ,10, 15, 20, & 40 kHz
Field – MF, 5 ,10, 15, 20, & 40 kHz
Beach – MF only
Gold – 20 & 40 kHz single frequency modes only

So yes, Equinox 800 has both 20 khz and 40 kHz disc modes via the Park and Field modes. Ask, and sometimes you receive! :smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Steve so the 800 can discriminate out rubbish in the prospecting mode that is good news :smile: been getting lots of specimen gold from mining bumps on my mates property with the gpz7000 but so much rubbish don't need depth just need to cut down on the rubbish. Hope i can also get more coins from the old town site there to with the 800.

Olddog

Steve did not say that specifically, only that the park and field modes can run the high frequencies in disc. 

I don't believe the question has been asked as to whether or not the gold mode has any form of iron discrimination or target ID.

So yes, I'm asking.

Tom

Yeah, I did not specifically address the disc options in Gold Mode. I am pointing out there are 20 khz and 40 khz options in the disc modes, not entirely the same thing, though maybe closer than your think. Sadly (or maybe happily as the case may be), my overall answer here is similar to that at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/4738-mercury-dime-teaser/?do=findComment&comment=50562

12 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Equinox 600:
Park Mode – MF, 5, 10, & 15 kHz
Field Mode – MF, 5, 10, & 15 kHz
Beach Mode – MF only

Equinox 800:
Park – MF, 5 ,10, 15, 20, & 40 kHz
Field – MF, 5 ,10, 15, 20, & 40 kHz
Beach – MF only
Gold – 20 & 40 kHz single frequency modes only

So, I wonder then if the 600 will actually be superior for coinshooters since the search frequencies are concentrated into the three low freqs rather than spread out over all 5 as with the 800?  

I believe the two detectors use the same frequencies when in "multi mode",  so they should be identical in that respect.

• Like 1

On the 600 you have a choice of three single frequencies plus MF which is five frequencies.

On the 800 you have a choice of five single frequencies plus MF which is five frequencies.

The difference being that the two additional single frequencies available on the 800 (20 & 40 kHZ) are not selectible or available on the 600. 

:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Yeah, I did not specifically address the disc options in Gold Mode. I am pointing out there are 20 khz and 40 khz options in the disc modes, not entirely the same thing, though maybe closer than your think. Sadly (or maybe happily as the case may be), my overall answer here is similar to that at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/4738-mercury-dime-teaser/?do=findComment&comment=50562

Steve

You punted that question quite well. :rolleyes:

I know at some point this will all be clear and if I haven't said it before, we all really appreciate your help in answering our questions as best you can at this point.

Tom

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tom Slick said:

On the 600 you have a choice of three single frequencies plus MF which is five frequencies.

On the 800 you have a choice of five single frequencies plus MF which is five frequencies.

The difference being that the two additional single frequencies available on the 800 (20 & 40 kHZ) are not selectible or available on the 600. 

Thanks for the clarification.  That's what I thought too, but Steve's post made me think that maybe the 600 was dropping off 20 and 40 kHz completely, both in single and multi.  Re-reading his post, I see that "MF" is separate from the three single freqs.

How the MF works is what I am most interested about the Equinox.  It would be nice if ML gave us another installment on Multi-IQ, in particular, how (or if?) the MF differs between the modes.  

• Like 1