Detect Speed Equinox 600 & 800

Baiker

7 hours ago, Baiker said:

I would like to ask how the 8 speeds of the response of the 800-th model correspond to the 3-rd speeds of the response of the 600th model.

I can't speak from direct knowledge on this, but will offer one possibility on how it could be set up.

600 setting vs 800

1 or the slowest setting would be the same

2 on the 600 equal to a setting of 3 on the 800

3 equal to 6 on the 800.  That leaves the faster settings 7 and 8 of the  800 for the advanced users more likely to purchase it.

On the other hand why hamper the 600 by not allowing it the same fast reactivity speed as the 800.

10 hours ago, Baiker said:

So I wanted to understand what their relationship is: 1 = 1,2 = 4,3 = 8? or 1 = 2.2 = 4.3 = 6? That is, without the slowest and fastest? I apologize, I write through Google translator

These are only wild guesses so take it for what it's worth... very little actually. LOL

Good question. I have been using the Equinox 800 exclusively since in theory the Equinox 600 is just a subset of whatever exists in the Equinox 800. My assumption therefore has been that the three Detect Speed (similar to Reactivity on a Deus) simply reflect "Slowest, Medium, and Fastest" which would equate to 1, 4.5, and 8 on the Equinox 800. The extra levels on the 800 I assumed are just for better fine tuning between those levels.

But now that you ask the question I realize I honestly do not know. The more I think about it the more that I think that would not make sense. The fastest and slowest Detect Speeds are both quite extreme, and so having three settings that are more functional in a range of normal situations makes more sense for the Equinox 600. Otherwise you would find few situations where anything other than the middle setting of 2 would ever be used.

Hopefully I will be able to clarify that soon. Thanks for asking - and welcome to the forum!

One thing for sure - I don't see anyone being disappointed with the speed of the Equinox. Lightning fast in dense trash and that's no exaggeration.

• Like 1

HI Guys, as far as I know, the final reactivity / target recovery speed equivalent response speeds between the two models (600 & 800) will be as follows:

600                    800

1                         2

2                         4

3                         6

So, the 800 will have one level lower and two levels higher recovery speed settings than the 600. It will also have the intermediate target recovery speed settings of '3' and '5' and thus can be fine tuned a little more than the 600 model.

I usually run the 800 prototype at 3, 4, 5, or 6 for 'normal' detecting (environment dependant) and occasionally at 7 & 8 depending on how trashy the detecting environment is. You will of course lose some depth with the higher recovery speeds, but as they are really designed for trashy areas, your depth would be limited by the proliferation of trash anyway and these recovery speeds are designed to hunt out the small targets in between it all. I hope this helps.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Derek McLennan said:

these recovery speeds are designed to hunt out the small targets in between it all. I hope this helps.

And hunt very proficiently I presume/hope.

I was going to quote this with an emphasis on "small",  but since you are in the UK it's not necessary. :ohmy: