Detect Speed Equinox 600 & 800

Baiker

I don't generally do videos or at least I have not made myself do them yet. I did get a GoPro so that's a step in the right direction! :smile: Right now Minelab is not too keen on videos anyway pending getting the machine performance tweaked into final form as any videos of performance type things like nail board tests are a wee bit premature at this point. Even then I will likely let Brandon endure the hell that exists in the form of video critics on YouTube.

I have done my own comparisons and they proved sufficient for me to decide what detector I am using going forward.

2 hours ago, Jackpine said:

And hunt very proficiently I presume/hope.

I was going to quote this with an emphasis on "small",  but since you are in the UK it's not necessary. :ohmy:

Yes, the prototypes that we have used, have all done very well in the trashy areas we have hunted and to be honest everywhere we have taken them thus far. I'm not sure I get your "small" reference, but I perhaps should have used the Scottish "wee" :smile: 

8 hours ago, Baiker said:

Steve, thank you, we will wait for the detailed information. 
And do you use reactivity 1 and 8 in your search?

Thanks to Derek we have clarification on the latest on the difference between the Equinox 600 and 800 as regards how the Detect Speeds line up. I must as always caution people none of this can be considered 100% until the final version of the firmware is "baked" for production.

As for me, a setting of 6 has been my most common setting drifting down to 5 or maybe up to 7. In other words on the Equinox 800 a Detect Speed in the range of 5-6-7 seems best for me for all around use. I think faster recovery time/reactivity/detect speed not only helps in dense trash targets but with the effects of masking due to variations in highly mineralized ground (hot rock masking). There is just so much to experiment with and so little time........

3 hours ago, Derek McLennan said:

HI Guys, as far as I know, the final reactivity / target recovery speed equivalent response speeds between the two models (600 & 800) will be as follows:

600                    800

1                         2

2                         4

3                         6

So, the 800 will have one level lower and two levels higher recovery speed settings than the 600. It will also have the intermediate target recovery speed settings of '3' and '5' and thus can be fine tuned a little more than the 600 model.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Derek McLennan said:

Yes, the prototypes that we have used, have all done very well in the trashy areas we have hunted and to be honest everywhere we have taken them thus far. I'm not sure I get your "small" reference, but I perhaps should have used the Scottish "wee" :smile: 

I was inferring small for UK users as in "Hammies" and "staters".

Wee targets works too!

1 hour ago, Jackpine said:

I was inferring small for UK users as in "Hammies" and "staters".

Wee targets works too!

Lol, I get it now...I tend to use 'wee' far too much and was trying hard not to sound like a character from 'Outlander' :biggrin:

...a wee hammy or twa always warms the hert when oot in the wilds of Scotland!!

• Haha 2