Equinox Goes On Sale In Europe Dec. 17th

Ridge Runner

That false rumor was just debunked this morning. Being on sale has nothing to do with machines being delivered.They are already on sale here in the U.S.

A note to everyone. Any new posts about delivery that do not originate with Minelab will be deleted in the future. All it is doing is jerking people's chains. That would seem to be the intent behind whoever is originating this stuff (not you Chuck :smile:).

If it is not in an official Minelab statement, ignore it! I quite literally will not believe it myself until I see the news release posted on Minelab's website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No worries Chuck - we are buddies! :smile: But it really is simple - if it is not from Minelab, ignore it. If I post that I know, and I can't reference a news release on Minelab's website, just jump right in and call me a liar. Minelab is the only source you can believe in this matter. Maybe somebody else will call it earlier, and call it right, but it means nothing unless Minelab publicly backs the statement. And even then until they are on dealer shelves.......

I may delete this later but for now your post is serving the good purpose of trying to triple and quadruple get this into people's heads. I really am trying to help you avoid getting jerked around by this stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

ML is doing a great job keeping the Equinox Top Secret for sure.  I've tried all my dealer sources and friends in the business and they know nothing!  This may go down as the Greatest Detector Release ever?  Perhaps my business might learn something from this marketing style... Equinox is on my mind nearly all the time!   For those of you who want to use the waterproof headphones, ML was not sure of the availability, or would not tell me on the yellow Koss phones.  I've asked several dealers about the availability of the water phones and so far none know anything.  ML did tell me to let my dealer know to order the waterproof headphones now.  He finally ordered them!  Thought I would pass that on in case there's a waterproof headphone delay.  Then again there might not be.  

• Like 1

Hello Steve,

As Cabo Chris stated above....and....as I have stated before on a previous post, ML has done a spectacular job with marketing the Equinox.  However, here is IMO i where I think we stand today on the Equinox release:

1) I will start by saying I am very excited about the upcoming release....am I impatient....no... just excited.  However, I also think we are getting to the point where some folks are starting getting very impatient.  As you indicted, until I see the info on your site or see it directly on the ML site, I am not going to feed on the speculation/rumors of a pending release date.  But, my dealer included, gave this magic release date of "before Christmas".  With only a couple weeks left, I am afraid the detecting sites might start to get ugly.  Hey....I am starting to see some of this already.,

2) As I stated above the Marketing Department at ML has knocked it out of the park.  But....I also think that we are getting to the point of "diminishing returns".  I don't want to get all "college puke" on everyone, but I do remember a little about marketing strategy.  It goes like this....think about your favorite food that you may have not had in 6 month.  That first bite is awesome....so is the second....and third bite.  However, there comes a time after the 40th bite you are done....and....it is just not good any more.  I think that is where we are heading with the pending Equinox release.  Lots of great info since the announcement to include specs, accessories and even a few field tests.  But, we are coming up on a quarter of a year since the announcement....just maybe we are getting to that point of "diminishing returns:

Oh by the way....did I say I am excited and not impatient....: - )

• Like 1

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Folks should relax.

We sure don't like to see detector models with bugs do we?

Logistics.

This is big here.

Some thing to watch with Equinox when released to public.

That is, are all accessories  available?

So it is just not the basic detector Minelab has to worry about here.

This I think is a very, very big operation being done here by Minelab.

Loads of info being worked and people working their hearts out.

I know they want to get things right.

And hopefully they will.

I don’t know what to tell you. I am just a kid at heart that loves detecting. I made it a permanent part of my life 45 years ago. I am incredibly fortunate now to be involved neck deep in my passion in life. I am sharing a part of that here. I know the blokes at Minelab are pouring heart and soul 24/7 into trying to make this the best metal detector they can make it to be. No holds barred.

That’s the bald truth of the matter at this time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1