Equinox Goes On Sale In Europe Dec. 17th

Ridge Runner

A friend of mine has been speaking today with a Minelab manager and has informed him that they have sales forecasts in January. That's what he told me, but even I pick up this information at tiptoe, as they say around here. As it has been commented, until it is publicly confirmed by Minelab they are all gossip

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, jjm861 said:

Hello Steve,

As Cabo Chris stated above....and....as I have stated before on a previous post, ML has done a spectacular job with marketing the Equinox.  However, here is IMO i where I think we stand today on the Equinox release:

1) I will start by saying I am very excited about the upcoming release....am I impatient....no... just excited.  However, I also think we are getting to the point where some folks are starting getting very impatient.  As you indicted, until I see the info on your site or see it directly on the ML site, I am not going to feed on the speculation/rumors of a pending release date.  But, my dealer included, gave this magic release date of "before Christmas".  With only a couple weeks left, I am afraid the detecting sites might start to get ugly.  Hey....I am starting to see some of this already.,

2) As I stated above the Marketing Department at ML has knocked it out of the park.  But....I also think that we are getting to the point of "diminishing returns".  I don't want to get all "college puke" on everyone, but I do remember a little about marketing strategy.  It goes like this....think about your favorite food that you may have not had in 6 month.  That first bite is awesome....so is the second....and third bite.  However, there comes a time after the 40th bite you are done....and....it is just not good any more.  I think that is where we are heading with the pending Equinox release.  Lots of great info since the announcement to include specs, accessories and even a few field tests.  But, we are coming up on a quarter of a year since the announcement....just maybe we are getting to that point of "diminishing returns:

Oh by the way....did I say I am excited and not impatient....: - )

This extended Equinox release may be driving the other metal detector companies/competition crazy and might encourage them into releasing their own Equinox or Super-Detector!  About a year ago a Whites engineer told me they're working on a new water machine technology that combines VLF and PI.  Whites did give up on their BHID and may be working on a multi-frequency VLF/PI hybrid replacement? Tesoro once told me... just wait until you see our new water machine!  Well where is it?  And another person I know related with a detector company said, they could stuff all the workings of an Excalibur into just a set of headphones with todays circuitry!

I'll be the first to admit excessive Equinox excitement... like a kid in a candy store, only the candy is all the loot my new Equinox will find!  I may have to see a Shrink!  Perhaps breathing techniques might help?  I for one am happy ML is releasing this type of affordable detector at all.  The big $ for Minelab could very well be with Gold/Military Detectors and not us Coin Shooters?      

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Luis said:

A friend of mine has been speaking today with a Minelab manager and has informed him that they have sales forecasts in January. That's what he told me, but even I pick up this information at tiptoe, as they say around here. As it has been commented, until it is publicly confirmed by Minelab they are all gossip

On the F----s Forum one says Dec 16!  It's too funny... elsewhere on that same forum is a 5+ page post/responses just full of bickering over demanding a release date!    

Minelab have always gave the retail target of December / January and committed to neither of these individually. There has been no indication to me that these targets have changed in the slightest. However, to be perfectly frank, I would now say that January is looking more likely for the Equinox to hit retail. I would suggest keeping your eyes and ears open for any official announcement from Minelab in the coming week :wink:

• Like 4

Guest TreasureGuy
3 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Looks like MD-Hunter has deleted their Equinox posts that have been stirring the pot on delivery, etc. due to inaccurate information.

I think it was a very un-professional thing to do really! Things people do for website traffic...

Ok more rumors, I called my local stocking dealer to ask about the F pulse of which he knew nothing. I had to ask about the Equinox and he told me he was going to a mine lab dealers meeting mid January about the Equinox. He guessed it would be released the following week or so. In other words late January. So what ever that is worth?