Hey, White's Hq; TDI Pro Still Has A Market?

GB_Amateur

On December 14, 2017 at 10:27 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

This is a White’s forum so please keep the discussion to White’s machines. The Metal Detector Advice & Comparisons Forum is the appropriate place for brand comparisons.

With all due respect to your comment John my hope is for White’s to get back to the program of building more powerful and competitive detectors. Anyone who is not pushing the leading edge of the technology will eventually be left behind.

I think White's still has an opportunity to evolve and leverage the technology they already possess. V3 series were first to market with true simultaneous multi-frequency and a full color display. Also, the TDI series, having the ability to toggle conductivity and ground balance, are excellent beach machines... They are also competent coin hunters when set up correctly.

Cut some weight and drop the circuit boards into a waterproof package... Redesign/modernize the old coil housings... Maybe even add a new Bigfoot coil. That strategy would breathe new life into both the V3 and TDI platforms at a fraction of the cost of developing all-new technology.

• Like 5

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:27 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

This is a White’s forum so please keep the discussion to White’s machines. The Metal Detector Advice & Comparisons Forum is the appropriate place for brand comparisons.

With all due respect to your comment John my hope is for White’s to get back to the program of building more powerful and competitive detectors. Anyone who is not pushing the leading edge of the technology will eventually be left behind.

Left behind for sure.