Detector Market

Cabo Chris

Wow, a great time to purchase a used CTX 3030 or other ML... X-Terra, Sovereign...  Explorers on the cheap!  Have been watching for awhile.  Several for sale and others already sold on the Bay and at decent prices!  Wait until everyone else discovers the Equinox!  All this on speculation?  Just imagine should the Equinox really turn out to be that good (and hopefully will be)... Could really drive the value of other machines down?  I do not ever recall seeing a detector dump like this.  Now I'm waiting for owners to start dumping their Excaliburs!    

There are always a lot of detectors going cheap on Fleebay this close to Christmas. People selling to raise extra money for presents and not many buyers for the same reason. Then there's the fact that many of the states are too cold to detect this time of year so you have a depressed market. That all changes (for the most part) after the Holidays and detector prices raise again. 

• Like 3

IF there is a sell off, prices won't stay low for very long after the Equinox's release. People will decide where the Equinox ranks in the overall detector market for themselves, some will buy it, and others won't. As Tom says, there are seasonal market factors at play here, not just panic selling.

I wonder how many have sold/traded machines in anticipation of the Equinox?  On other sites many have already done so or say they will. A good detector can pay for itself quickly and some of the Explorers up for sale inviting!  I'm not a coin hunter, but have the impression that for deep silver Explorers shine?  A detectorist could buy a bargain Explorer off the bay to hit the wet salt sand and have a first rate gold finder on the cheap!  With gold $ still up there I wouldn't complain having to use an Explorer.  I saw a Safari priced so low I had to look twice!

Christmas is a good time to sell, but I'm not so sure a guy/gal would wait till Christmas to unload a CTX package?  If the Equinox proves to be as good as we think, suspect there will be a sudden buyers market on good machines.

I like just about everything I hear about the Equinox and hope it's better than my expectations.  We have 8 on order with waterproof phones.  Still, offloading ones CTX 3030/Excalibur on the cheap, might prove to be a mistake?  BBS/FBS love gold at the beach!  

Hey, Cabo Chris --

Talking about used machines, and Explorers...

I have an Explorer SE Pro up for sale as we speak; it was my primary, personal detector until I got a CTX (and will be getting an Equinox).  I have lowered the price several times due to lack of interest.  If you are in the U.S., I will ship it to your door for $399...

Let me know/send a PM if you have any interest...

Steve

On 12/15/2017 at 12:21 AM, steveg said:

Hey, Cabo Chris --

Talking about used machines, and Explorers...

I have an Explorer SE Pro up for sale as we speak; it was my primary, personal detector until I got a CTX (and will be getting an Equinox).  I have lowered the price several times due to lack of interest.  If you are in the U.S., I will ship it to your door for $399...

Let me know/send a PM if you have any interest...

Steve

Blimey thats cheap as chips . In the UK that would have gone yesterday or before you posted ! I think i will keep my older machines , they are all in too good a condition . Will just add the Equinox to the collective .

Yep, Nuke em; I've been pretty well "in tune" with the prices a used SE Pro would fetch here, and even 6-9 months ago, that machine would have sold in the mid $500s.  Minelab/the Equinox has caused a real shake-up in the detector world, that's for sure...but I'm not complaining!

Steve