CTX 3030 On The Santa Monica Beach

So far I only have 2 days detecting on the beach but coins are no problem.

Learning how the audio tones and numbers work together.

The 3030 is rather intuitive...I haven't had too much trouble so far just getting the coins etc. 

I can tell a screw top from a quarter...But I had to be careful when I tried to rule all of those tones as screw tops because I found a few nickels that were in the same number range .....and they also bounce around.

I'm very new with it.

Found about 2 dollars in change so far...in two short hunts.

I did find a neat little 1.5 gm pendant that is rose gold....that I thought was junk.

Just getting settled in here..look forward to more fun.

Thanks Fred and I pray you are feeling better.

Paul

20171208_052342-1.jpg

20171207_195730.jpg

20171207_150206.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I wondered if you pulled the trigger on that deal!

Well, the same beaches you are on now would have had 5x that much a couple of summers ago.

Good to know you are near.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Good luck, Paul!  I know lots of people do not like to read manuals, etc., but you can profit from the two books and cherry pick the area of interest. I found silver where there never should have been any left, with that detector. Had loads of fun but things happen and it was time to let some fine soul like you get the goodies.

fred

• Like 1

Paul,

If you want to 'cheat' with the 3030 just turn the numbers off.  Look at the screen and switch to the slotted (good stuff only) giving you a sound.  The other areas will be grayed out.  Only dig what you can hear and see in the clear area..

It is very accurate.  You will find all your coins and most of the jewelry.  It will save your energy so you will be still out there finding the good stuff and later once you get the hang of it then you can dig the iffy targets.  Down at the bottom is all the trashy iron.  Up on the top left are the bottle caps.  Gold rings are in the middle and to the left.  (Who needs numbers when you have a chart/graph?)

Mitchel

• Like 2