Selling Gold - Are Bigger Bits Worth More?

Jin

Jin,  I totally agree with Steve.  Small ones for jewelry are easier to move than big ones.  Also the 1 to 5 gram ones seem to move easier as well, since most folks don't have the extra money sitting around for a $1000 or more piece.

One of the guys in the US who buys/sells nuggets is www.naturalGoldTrader.com and he has written a few articles for ICMJ.  He usually pays a little more than most, as he tries to sell them individually to get top dollar.  A few of my customers ell their nuggets to Gus and he always treats them right.

You can get rid of it all quick and deal with 1 guy fast, but may not make top dollar, or you can sell many pieces separately and end up with more money, but taking a lot longer and dealing with more people (which could be bad in the long run).

Another option is to trade the nuggets to a Minelab Dealer towards a new GPZ-7000.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Having the right contacts is, and always has been the key to getting a good price. My gold used to go to America, but now it is the Chinese market that dominates. I rarely sell for below bullion price, and recently got well above spot price for a 27 ounce piece from a Chinese buyer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1