11 Gold Coins Found + More

That is what keeps us going. Theres always hope...thanks for posting that one of the most amazing finds I've seen. And I hunt a few spots in Amador. 

strick

I wanna stab myself in the neck when i see such things.

Well done to the lucky finder.

My dream is to find a Gold Coin.....Been at it 3 years now.

Gee, and I thought all the good finds were already made.  (sarcasm)  Great recovery!

There's a valuable lesson here, for me anyway.  If you make a good find, scour the spot for more.

I've seen this in action from the wrong side.  I make a nice find (maybe I don' t know how nice it is at the moment since I refuse to try and clean coins in the field) but fail to note the exact spot.  I realize later I should go back because often even randomly dropped coins aren't alone.  There may be a reason that coin is there; for example, it was a common stopping spot (shade, water, good vantage point, sloped ground where it's easier to sit up while resting, etc.)

Later I can get close, maybe within 20 meters, but that's still a lot of ground to carefully cover when you really would prefer to spiral out from the actual good find.  An example:  earlier this year I dug a nickel at about 5 inch depth.  It was all discolored and corroded which is typical in my ground, even for a coin that's only been buried about 25 years.  When I got home it turned out to be a Shield nickel.  I've been back several times with, so far, no more oldies.  (You know I'll be going back with the Equinox.  :wink:)  But if I knew the spot more accurately I could really scour it and even dig every iron signal to unmask.