Equinox First Gold Nugget Photos

3 minutes ago, fredmason said:

Minelab has got plenty of chum in the water....I hope they get the fish-getter out soon so we can catch some too!

I'm not deliberately chumming the waters Fred, people are hungry for information but I'm severely constrained about what I can actually say,  pictures allow me to share without breaching any trust. It's been announced so I'm allowed to talk about it to a certain extent but not fully because it's still being finalised. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, Jonathan; I would never impugn your character or Steve's...and I understand keeping confidences.

It was my failure to make clear  the comment was only aimed at Minelab's creating demand and desire without supply....

I would never intentionally offend you!

fred

7 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Steve's stirred me up so here's a pic of a tiny piece, but no-where near the smallest, as its hard to take pics of tiny gold in 38 degree C heat in bright sunlight.:laugh: That's my excuse anyway, although our levels of mineralisation are a pretty good excuse too!!:biggrin:

Me getting all fired up about tiny gold is pretty funny though.:laugh::wub:

JP

EQgold7.jpg

EQgold8.jpg

JP, I can tell you had to lick your finger  to get that out of the scoop.!!! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/16/2017 at 3:16 PM, Jonathan Porter said:

I might have been out and about having a play in "Field" mode chasing some relics.:biggrin::cool:

Having no real issues posting up these pics Steve, I usually resize my stuff down to 2 meg first though to save on bandwidth.

EQgold4.jpg

Dang Australia with all that pesky gold littering the ground like that!!  

Interesting the EQX doesn't even appear to be in Prospect mode...hmmm.  

4 hours ago, fredmason said:

Oh, Jonathan; I would never impugn your character or Steve's...and I understand keeping confidences.

It was my failure to make clear  the comment was only aimed at Minelab's creating demand and desire without supply....

I would never intentionally offend you!

fred

Hi Fred, I never doubted you for one second. :blush: I felt I should clarify for others to avoid confusion as there seems to be a hyperbole of commentary around Minelab and Equinox at present,  for now I think I'll abstain from further posting on the subject to avoid frustrating things further. 

Suffice to say this forum is based very much on facts, the second further official announcements are made I'm sure Steve will have them posted up here very shortly thereafter.

JP

• Thanks 1

My goodness that gold is tiny.    What is a nice thought is the prospecting mode has to be almost done to nail stuff like that!  

Man, I'm drooling now over the EQ800 , and I'm not even a nugget hunter!  Bring it on Minelab!:wub:

Jonathon, might I be so bold as to ask how far you had to chisel down in that hard pan to liberate those tiny little relics?  The hole in that last photo looks to be about 3 or 4 inches deep.  You don't have to come right out and tell us, just post some smiley faces in a row and we'll count.  :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

On 12/17/2017 at 11:28 AM, Jonathan Porter said:

I'm hurt Steve :sad::blush:, I was proud of those tiny little nuggets.:cool: However like I said in another post I can't say a lot at this time other than put up some pics. :ph34r:

Pic of a medium sized little nugglet found recently.EQgold5.thumb.jpg.e58c5d5e61428a23825cc62e2b571232.jpg

Here's a pic of a deeper one I found at 5 inches, boomer signal with a solid non ferrous ID.EQgold6.thumb.jpg.b48d84849dfd07761b106ecd6b087573.jpg

JP

A picture tells a 1000 words, please keep them coming! Love the pics. of those tiny nuggets, who needs words!

Jonathan Porter, there has been a drought of sorts as far as useful information regarding the Equinox, because of NDAs.  Seeing these images of those tiny pickers is a real treat. They have answered some questions too. Thank you!