A Breath Of Fresh Air In This Fan Club

Randy Dee

First I will introduce myself my name is Randy Dee and I am from the City of Durham in the UK and 75 years young, I get out detecting at least twice a week on farm land only.

I have been in this great hobby of metal detecting since 1975 and used the very early BFO (Beat Frequency Oscillating)  detectors with the shepherds crook handle by C-scope.

I have a good arsenal of detectors but at present I use the CTX-3030 & the XP Deus and I am much like the rest of the guys on this Equinox Fan Club / Forum patiently waiting for the Equinox release, I have had my order in since the day of the Minelab Equinox Detectival here in the UK early in September and I am certain that this machine is going to put a lot of other makes to shame.

I must congratulate Steve for putting together this great friendly purposeful fan club and it is a breath of fresh air reading through the knowledgeable posts nothing like the pathetic and childish tripe getting spouted off on "Faceache" and many of the other forums.

• Like 7

Welcome to the forum Randy Dee.
 I second that congratulations to Steve for the respectful and civil forum.

• Like 2

Welcome Randy, I got sick and tired of the pissing and moaning and the outright childish behavior on the Facebook pages so I left all the groups. And you're right, this place is a breath of fresh air compared to most forums that have anything to do with the Equinox. I guess those guys think that if they threaten Minelab with buying another machine that's going to prompt Minelab to drop what they're doing and start production just for them. Again welcome Randy and we look forward to your input with all the experience you have in the hobby.

• Like 5

Welcome to the forum Randy!

The goal on this forum is quality not quantity. People do love to argue it seems and it generates lots of posts and apparent “action”. It may be a good strategy for stirring up traffic but I was convinced that there must be people like me out there who just want a forum to be informative.

In particular for me metal detecting has always been about fun and adventure, and wanting to share that fun and adventure via the forums. A whole lot of what I am seeing on other sites these days is not what I consider to be enjoyable at all. I quite honestly just want to have as much fun as possible with the release of Equinox and all that follows. This forum specifically exists to foster the excitement that surrounds the release of a new model. I have never done anything like this before but once Equinox entered the scene I knew I had finally found the detector that I could go soft in the head over. :wub:

In other words, if you are somebody like me that has decided you are on board with Equinox, want to learn about it, and have fun while doing so - this place is designed for you. It does give me a warm fuzzy hearing from numerous people that it is appreciated and genuinely makes my day, so thank you all. :smile:

equinox-tahoe-2.jpg

• Like 8

Hi Randy. My name is Paul and I'm a long time reader, first time poster. I agree 100% with you! So nice to spend time on this forum away from the childish behavior elsewhere. Being in the software field, I fully understand taking time to get it the best it can be. Thank you Steve for starting this fan club and sharing the information that is possible so far. Look forward to the future and the Equinox, whenever it is ready.

• Like 3

Welcome aboard Randy,

Usually we are a jolly bunch of no nonsense scrap metal diggers. I’ve just been informed by my dealer it’s going te be january 2018 that I’ll receive my unit. He will have a demo unit between X-mas and Newyears I can go and wiggle in the shop. But it just isn’t the same thing is it.

Rather than throw a fit on the forums, I just go out on a sunny winters day and swing my 3030 boat anchor. Even if it only finds me scrap!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Randy Dee said:

First I will introduce myself my name is Randy Dee and I am from the City of Durham in the UK and 75 years young, I get out detecting at least twice a week on farm land only.

I have been in this great hobby of metal detecting since 1975 and used the very early BFO (Beat Frequency Oscillating)  detectors with the shepherds crook handle by C-scope.

I have a good arsenal of detectors but at present I use the CTX-3030 & the XP Deus and I am much like the rest of the guys on this Equinox Fan Club / Forum patiently waiting for the Equinox release, I have had my order in since the day of the Minelab Equinox Detectival here in the UK early in September and I am certain that this machine is going to put a lot of other makes to shame.

I must congratulate Steve for putting together this great friendly purposeful fan club and it is a breath of fresh air reading through the knowledgeable posts nothing like the pathetic and childish tripe getting spouted off on "Faceache" and many of the other forums.

Well said Randy . Cheers to the link to this forum .

• Like 2

Best forum for metal detecting on the web. Lot's of teachers here, no internet cowboys that I can see. 

• Like 2

Guest TreasureGuy

Hello Randy Dee.. Greetings from down south Gloucestershire UK...  I totally agree with the breath of fresh air statement..

All the best mate.. and as always HH