New To Me VX3

Buzzard

The mail delivered my VX3...put batteries in it and took it to my test garden....wow , blew me away.....tried it with the 950 coil and 6x10 coil......waiting for my ultimate 13" coil .
I got a couple of hunted places I want to try. So far....VERY HAPPY . I have an MXT but this is a different critter for sure.

• Like 1

Been detecting a long time , first detector was a Relco.
I want to hunt coins, I have an MXT , eireka gold , and a gold bug plus a gold monster.
 I got several coils for the VX3....4x6...6x10...950...and 13 ultimate.
Also have 2 recharge batts. and wireless headphones plus a case to put it in.
Lots of info to digest for this machine....I got a test garden....works great there.

The V's have incredible visual discrimination capabilities. They can do just about everything short of taking an actual picture of the target in the ground... Even that's close when fully utilizing the SignaGraph, Sweep Analysis, Vector Analysis and simultaneous multi-frequency pinpointing display information.

• Like 2

Working on understanding Mixed Mode.....and waiting for it to warm a little so I can go test it at a location that I have found coins before....found them with an Explorer XS , then found more with MXT , now want to try the VX3 with the 13 " ultimate coil

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:03 AM, Buzzard said:

Been detecting a long time , first detector was a Relco.
I want to hunt coins, I have an MXT , eireka gold , and a gold bug plus a gold monster.
 I got several coils for the VX3....4x6...6x10...950...and 13 ultimate.
Also have 2 recharge batts. and wireless headphones plus a case to put it in.
Lots of info to digest for this machine....I got a test garden....works great there.

Ah, the good old days of Relco, Jetco, and a flurry of entry level low-enders.  Memories to end the year with.  If you have an 'original' MXT then you have an 'OK' Coin Hunting detector.  If the coils for your MXT are 'V' rated , then they can also work on your VX3.  'Test gardens" are, well, okay in a  way, but the real tests will come when you work a detector/coil combo afield.

Personally, I found the V3i to be too 'busy' and favored the VX3 that I used to use, for a short while, but gave up on both of them because they usually had a quirky sweep speed dependent operation, and the GB was not as smooth and forgiving like the MXT Pro/All-Pro or even the MX-5.  However, I have a friend who really enjoys his V3i, after putting in a lot of field time and having a lot of patience to get to know it well.  He also has an M6 that got him started, and an MX Sport that he prefers and uses most of the time now.

Hang in there and get to learn and know the VX3 well.  I hope it works out for you.

Monte

• Like 2

Buzzard, I have many hours on both the V3i and VX3. Here are some basic suggestions to help smooth out the machine: Put the 950 concentric coil on and start out with the standard Coin and Jewelry mode.

I've found most false signals to be closely related to the Discrimination Sensitivity... Yours is likely preset at 75, try lowering it to 45. Also, your Recovery Delay is preset at 80, try lowering it to 28. Finally, do a thorough ground balance: Squeeze trigger, press and hold Enter and pump coil over clean ground (15-20 pumps).

Your V should run much quieter and smoother with those settings.

• Like 3