Why Do You Want An Equinox?

Cabo Chris

Now that I see the Equinox likes small gold coins, I want two even more!  I like traveling to detect.  Like joining TH friends in the Caribbean for 7 to 10 days.  We share expensed, duties, comradery and adventure.  To this day I remember every detail of my first gold ring find in the sea!  For me there's just something so exhilarating seeing gold glistening in my scoop on vacation!  50% for me is the monetary gain and the rest memories, adventure and friendship.  Even if I won The Lottery, I would still detect in the sea.  The anticipation calls and seeing a $400 ring or a $1,000 chain suddenly in my scoop nearly unbelievable... dug out of the sea!

All the sights, sounds, smells, food, cultures of a foreign country are the icing on the cake!  My wish is to find enough in scrap gold/platinum to pay for my trip and that usually happens plus some.  As soon as I return home I'm thinking about the next trip!

The Equinox could make travelling easier, my finds better and hopefully a fun detector to use.  It's been a while since I used a fun machine.  A Tesoro Bandito II I foolishly sold years back was a joy to hunt with.  Recently when I tested the DetectorPro Underwater 8 inch in the Caribbean, I had to stop and realize how much fun I was having detecting!  Seemed like no stress to find gold.  It beeps I scoop to find out what I found... a coin, another coin, a silver charm, a piece of junk... oh look a gold wedding band!  To me the Equinox has FUN written all over it!

One of my problems is that I have too many hobbies/interests.  Guns and hunting have been one and I have collected too many rifles.  Most just sit in the safe and I decided to thin the herd.  Heck I only really need a few and actually could pick just one.  What a great idea to become one with a rifle and shoot like a champ.  That's how I feel about detectors theses days.  Why have 20 machines?  Instead get to know one or 2 like the back of my hand and spend more time treasure hunting than playing with machines.  That's why should the Equinox prove to meet my expectations in the field, I would be so willing to let many detectors go.

• Like 2

I want an Equinox so I can sell my Sovereign Elite, Sovereign GT, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Makro Gold Racer, Fisher F19, and possibly my Nokta Impact. It sounds like the Equinox will do everything these other detectors do for me with the exception of the Impact and I still have a Racer 2 for those iron infested sites should the Equinox not be the best at those ghost town sites. 

Easy question for me. The Equinox checked the boxes for me of what I was already looking for plus;

Water Resistant in the Rain and shallow water

Light weight.

Wireless headphones

Claims improved Target Separation

Claims Improved Target ID at depth

User Adjustable Target ID tones and volumes

Multi-frequency and Selectable frequency Search modes

A Prospecting mode

Very reasonable price

Rich (Utah)

Not a lot I can add, aside from I like the idea of a lightweight, waterproof, fast, simultaneous multi-frequency machine that also has the ability to use individually selectable frequencies.  I suspect it could open up some of my existing sites, and push me to try new things like prospecting without having to buy a single purpose detector.   I also enjoy testing new things.  

On 12/20/2017 at 6:10 PM, Ridge Runner said:

I don’t know about the rest of you but I’m going to have a ball playing with it. I’ll be happier than a new Rooster in a hen home when I get it.

Chuck

I agree Chuck, I was talking to Steveg  earlier today and telling him that, I'll be so happy to get my hands on my new Equinox 800, that if I were a dog an had a tail I'd be waggin it all over the place!!!

• Like 1

On 12/21/2017 at 11:25 AM, Steve Herschbach said:
  • It’s waterproof
  • It can run in multifrequency mode
  • It can run in any one of several single frequencies
  • It weighs under three pounds
  • It employs wireless headphones
  • It costs less than US$1000
  • It goes beep, finds stuff

minelab-equinox-metal-detectors-600-800.jpg

Steve lists all my reasons except one...I want a more packable travel machine that works on the beach.  If the Equinox works on my Florida beaches as I expect it will, I'm in.

• Like 2

I forgot probably the most important reason.

Steve likes it and if he's getting one I'm going to get one too.:biggrin:

• Haha 2

Why do you want an Equinox?

I want a VLF detector that can hunt black sand saltwater beaches in the morning, and sniff out gold nuggets in the afternoon. Throw in some jewelry hunting at the river swimming holes and relic hunting at old mining camps, and the Equinox seems to be the answer.

I've already sold:

Fisher CZ3D, Minelab Safari, Nokta Fores Core, Whites MX Sport. 

Keeping:

Garrett Infinium, Minelab CTX (Maybe)

On 12/21/2017 at 2:25 PM, Cabo Chris said:

should the Equinox prove to meet my expectations in the field, I would be so willing to let many detectors go.

Me too!