Speaking Of The Healing Powers Of Mother Nature...

Here's a video one of my dirt biking buddies shot a few years back. It's pretty solid proof that Ma Nature has a way of taking care of herself...

Yep... agree with the guys above, many thanks azblackbird. Mankind's works are as nothing, we see plenty of similar evidence up here in the silver areas. Continual changes, the forests encroaching until some of the places I hunted 30 years ago are now unrecognizable / or access is much more difficult.

Jim.

What amazes me is that back in the day, many of the roads (and even the railroads) that lead to the many various mines throughout the Bradshaws were considered highways by today's standards. They were well maintained and frequently graded.

Nowadays many of those same roads and rail beds are nothing but rough and rock strewn trails just wide enough to ride a horse or a motorcycle on. I know of at least 6 abandoned bulldozers and excavators that are sprinkled throughout the Bradshaws, that if you were to take a trail to get to them, you'd wonder how they ever got there in the first place. A couple of them are on the sides of mountains so steep, you almost need a rappelling rope to get to them. Just totally dumbfounds me what they could accomplish back then.

Many of those old mines and mills in the video used to employ many hundreds if not close to a 1000 workers or more, and the now mostly nonexistent towns that sprung up around those old mines and mill sites, used to be some of the most populated cities/towns in Arizona at one time or another. 

Just amazes me how Mother Nature can heal so quick. 100 years is a flea turd on an elephants a$$ in the overall scheme of things. Too bad the "greenies" don't possess the common sense to realize that.   :wacko: