Equinox And Updating

DDancer

I may have missed it in the literature somewhere but is it known whether the EQ will be supported on the Exchange2 for updating or is it getting its own platform?

I will treasure that response. *evil grin*  Not often I can get one in on a Master. *no bust on you just amused Steve*

But seriously the EQ does not support the CTX or the Zed for user profiles or find locks so its a question.... unless ML intends to support updates thru their site(s).  It'd be inconvenient to have to find updates in a search and anyone who uses the CTX or Zed has this progam( Exchange2)... even if the program (Exchange) is still no go for the Zed from the last update as I understand it.  I consider this a valid question seeing as the last flagship, the GPZ 7000, received updates that have been most beneficial to the performance of the platform.  I dont know about any CTX updates, however it is suspect they have occurred, as its something I've never used or looked into... not my cuppa for the price and technicalities to understand the CTX.

Equinox will have the ability to be updated for bug fixes. I have done it a few times. What I don't know it what the final delivery system will be. XChange is primarily a GPS coordinate storage and mapping system, and with no GPS in the Equinox there is no good reason for XChange to be involved that I can see. Updates would of course be released through the Minelab website, just like GPZ updates have been.

I edited a few times in that last post.  However the Exchange program provides an instant access to upgrades or updates even if its bug fixing.  One shop shopping and for user profiles, even if the EQ is a down grade for coordinate mapping, these are easily incorporated I think.  If ML is going the way of online updating its a good way to do it and saves users from scratching their heads. *edit* and for user profiles a way to save and retrieve data for hunts.

Heck Exchange can even be used for registration and tracking if you get you stuff ripped off.  My thoughts and some thoughts to ML.  The OS can transmit this data and even register new users for warranty..... well random thoughts........

• Like 1