Nox Battery Charge Time

Equinox1881

4 hours ago, Equinox1881 said:

Just wandering how long it takes to fully charge the equinox battery?

I believe I read 5 hours, but it can be recharged on the fly with a portable power bank while hunting.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 12/24/2017 at 12:41 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Approx 5 hours...

B7FDFF9F-B71E-460E-9E26-FDED9F08B240.jpeg

Other than a shorter run time, is there any downside (if you're in a hurry) to only partially charge it the first time? (I have a small window and one day for site access.)

• Like 1

Afaik the units are delivered partially charged, so with a decent charger it‘ll probably won‘t take 5h to fully charge. 

14 minutes ago, Sinclair said:

Afaik the units are delivered partially charged, so with a decent charger it‘ll probably won‘t take 5h to fully charge. 

You beat me to it.  You are really cutting it close if you have less than 5 hours from when you get your machine delivered until you have to start swinging your detector. Good luck.

You can also charge it using any power bank or USB power source >1A which means you can easily charge it in the vehicle on the way to the hunt site and, as mentioned before, while hunting if you can find a way to secure the power bank to the shaft assembly you can charge it in the field while using it.  You are also going to have to find your own AC plug with USB output (typical phone or tablet charger) because that is not supplied in the box.  Really suggest grabbing a rechargeable 10000 maH or greater power bank if you dont already have one (about $20 -30) so you can charge Equinox up while on the go (in car, in field) and not near an AC outlet.  You can then just recharge the power bank as necessary from an AC to USB power source in your house (or car if it has USB or a USB cigarette lighter plug for your phone).

8 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

You beat me to it.  You are really cutting it close if you have less than 5 hours from when you get your machine delivered until you have to start swinging your detector. Good luck.

You can also charge it using any power bank or USB power source >1A which means you can easily charge it in the vehicle on the way to the hunt site and, as mentioned before, while hunting if you can find a way to secure the power bank to the shaft assembly you can charge it in the field while using it.  You are also going to have to find your own AC plug with USB output (typical phone or tablet charger) because that is not supplied in the box.  Really suggest grabbing a rechargeable 10000 maH or greater power bank if you dont already have one (about $20 -30) so you can charge Equinox up while on the go (in car, in field) and not near an AC outlet.  You can then just recharge the power bank as necessary from an AC to USB power source in your house (or car if it has USB or a USB cigarette lighter plug for your phone).

Thanks. Yes, cutting it close! ;-) But regarding performance and/or "damage" to unit, there shouldn't be any downside to a first time "partial" charge, correct?

Then I probably had luck  :smile: - assembled the machine while charging.. to save time, but the assembly only took 10mins maybe. I have used a charger which delivers 2,4 amps.. that should - if the circuit delivers full power to the battery - in theory fully charge in 2-2,5h from being empty. The internal battery is rated at 5000mAh.

How ever - to answer the inital question: I don‘t think it‘ll do harm if you take it for a spin without beeing fully charged. Charge it as far as you can and off you go.

by the way.. I‘ve charged the headphones, WM08 and detector simultaneously for the first time - the WM08 took longest, the detector shortest time!