Response To Small Targets

Will

Steve,

I'm very interested in the response en depth to very small targets as halve hammered coins, sceatt's en Roman minimissimi. Weighting mostly between 0,5 and 1 grams.

Can you anything tell about depth and separation for these small  items with the 11 inch coil, especially using the high frequentie?

As a prototype tester operating under a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) I am disallowed from presenting information regarding differences between modes or anything that has the goal of “figuring out” how Multi-IQ works until such time as Minelab themselves present that information. That includes specific performance measurements and comparisons with other detectors derived from prototype tests. Such tests on anything but a final, production version of Equinox would be misleading at best. Answers to "how deep", "how fast", "how small" or “this versus that” questions will get sorted out over the coming months. The final arbiter on these sorts of questions will be the regular purchasers of regular production models after time allows enough of them to report their thoughts and findings.

• Like 4

This might help answer how well it responds to small targets, although it will not answer your other questions, but, it's a start. The first target was found at 5" which is very impressive and I'm guessing in most mineralized soil to boot.

EQgold6.thumb.jpg.b48d84849dfd07761b106ecd6b087573.jpg

EQgold5.thumb.jpg.e58c5d5e61428a23825cc62e2b571232.jpg

• Like 2

Steve

It seems pretty obvious at this point that there is plenty of built in gain allowing for these small targets to be acquired at good depths.  In your opinion is this  a function of higher sensitivity settings with a commensurate increase in gain?  Thinking Omega/F5 here.

Hopefully winter will break and I'll get to use one by:

end of winter

Tom

4 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The Equinox acts as if it is a higher gain detector than the CTX for instance, although I do not know if that is technically true or not.

Hmm.. could be a function of the new multi freq method alone or both in combination.  Either way it has some serious chops.

Tom

If those were found .......and either at 5" this could be a serious dry sand machine.  right now that would have to be a piece of copper to be found that deep on the beaches i hunt.   Im told it will pick up small chains buried in the DRY sand at a reasonable depth.   Thats a huge bonus over the current Multi freq machines having the ability to switch out of the water.  I have no doubt they will continue to improve on this tech..... which may well lead to in the water improvements.