Looking To Order An Equinox

Mike Buck

Hello all!  Christmas has come and gone and now I have a bit of money put aside to go ahead an order one.  It's been years since I've ordered a detector and ones that I've bought prior have all been machines that I could purchase instantly.  

Are there any recommendations on who I could, or who has a good reputation to order from?  I know they aren't shipping until late January so if I place an order now who knows when I'll get one.  I tried finding a dealer near me but there is only one about 2 hours from my current location.  I've heard of Kellyco but am hesitant to order from them seeing how long it took some users to get their AT Max.  I'm hoping to squeak in somewhere with a dealer who may have some extras coming in on their first batch - long shot I know.  Nonetheless just looking to be pointed in the right direction!

Thanks everyone!

Mike,

My suggestion would be to give Chris Gholson a call over at Arizona Outback or go visit his website...arizonaoutback.com. Chris offers first rate customer service and has been a Minelab dealer for a long time. He could answer any questions you would have regarding Equinox orders.

Dean

I have mine on order with David at RT6. I've bought from him before and he's been a good dealer to work with. Another I have bought several detectors through is Richard at Backwoods Detectors. The great thing about the MD hobby is that there are really a bunch of great people to buy from. I'd call as many as I had time to and ask for their best $. 

Good luck and HH.

Skate

Thanks guys!  I haven't bought a detector in about 10 years.  They were all pretty basic as well (Whites Classic ID and Whites Prizm V).  This would be my first purchase of one in this price range so I'm a bit lost on how to proceed.  Seems like finding a few dealers and picking up the phone may be my best option.  

Thanks for the help! M

Mike 

4 hours ago, Skate said:

I have mine on order with David at RT6. I've bought from him before and he's been a good dealer to work with. Another I have bought several detectors through is Richard at Backwoods Detectors. The great thing about the MD hobby is that there are really a bunch of great people to buy from. I'd call as many as I had time to and ask for their best $. 

Good luck and HH.

Skate

David and Ritch are great guys. I have bought from Backwoods before and he's a great guy.

This is a big pay day for the Minelab Dealer Network.  Many dealers will have their old customers reorder and they will get lots of new inquiries.  They will also get lots of new business.

This detector 'sounds' like you won't need much training and right out of the box it should be good to go.  That was the way the 5000 'sounded' to me when I bought it 7 years ago now.  I bought it mail order (saved money on sales tax) and I got a bundle at the same time.  I had used a White's Coinmaster before so I thought I could get by without much training.  I met up with the dealer after a few months and they told me if I was finding lead then I was doing ok!  (I didn't have a clue.)  One year later I still did not have my first nugget.  Talk about frustrating ...

I finally found some good gold and went back to that dealer for some followup training and it cost me $300.  I don't buy from that dealer any more.  That can be a problem with some mail order dealers.  We all don't need it (we think that) but they should give it.  Asks how much it costs and try and make a trip for that training with the dealer soon after you get it.  Several dealers here on this forum do this.

I would pay Steve for lessons on the 800 if he offered them.  (When is your first class Steve?)

I've bought several detectors since the 5000 including a 3030, 7000, 2300 and a GB Pro.  I've also paid for some other training.  I think it is healthy for the industry.

My 800 has been ordered from Bill Southern at Nugget Shooter.  http://nuggetshooter.com/index.html

There is a good forum there and I've made friends with many of the members and attended the outings he holds.  I think that is good for the industry also.

Mitchel

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I would pay Steve for lessons on the 800 if he offered them.  (When is your first class Steve?)

Sign me up too.  My house is on wheels.

• Like 1