Equinox Screen Glare

D&P-OR

Steve---I just thought of another question. :)------Is there much glare on the screen of the Equinox?-----All the FBS detectors had that problem with the least being the CTX (in that regard).-----Don't remember the Xterras having that problem at all.

The large dark LCD symbols and numbers are far easier on old eyes than the CTX display. It is a flat plastic screen and so at the exact right angle it can turn into a sun mirror. Otherwise one of the strengths of the Equinox is the large, readable display. There is a LCD backlight for low light conditions. Low reflective screen protectors come standard in the box. The bottom picture has the screen protector installed (note the “cheater labels” for the setting icons). You can also see improvements in fit and finish in the last photo compared to the earlier prototypes, the most visible being the bezel around the edges.

E57CDC7B-F649-446C-8062-EC96BCBD7271.jpeg

minelab-equinox-800-lcd-display-closeup-controls.jpg

minelab-equinox-screen-protector-applied.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I like the screen protector!   I've always disliked that the F75 backlight wasn't adjustable, heck you couldn't even disable it.  A dealer in Germany was adding an on/off switch for a nominal fee.  How's the Equinox backlight?  I like that the 800 has different backlight levels, this was implemented very well on the Mak/Nok machines I've used.  

• Like 1

It turns out to be hard to get a photo showing the difference because my smart camera keeps auto adjusting the light for me! So here goes but note the background lighting changing in each picture so this is only a fairly good representation of what I am seeing in person. The Equinox 800 has four settings (Off, Low, Med, High) and the Equinox 600 has two (On, Off). Click for larger image...

minelab-equinox-800-backlight-settings-compared.jpg

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It turns out to be hard to get a photo showing the difference because my smart camera keeps auto adjusting the light for me! So here goes but note the background lighting changing in each picture so this is only a fairly good representation of what I am seeing in person. The Equinox 800 has four settings (Off, Low, Med, High) and the Equinox 600 has two (On, Off). Click for larger image...

minelab-equinox-800-backlight-settings-compared.jpg

Nice, that should work fine, might need my patented red anti-glare screen protector though :)