Gerry in Idaho

Have You Ever Pissed Off Your Prospecting Partner?

22 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Fantastic addition story Doc.

Two sons who are both dentists?  Now I know why you have such perfect teeth and all the fillings are solid gold.:biggrin:

Hey, don't think for a minute that I don't take advantage of that perk.  I don't have gold fillings, but they did get rid of all of my mercury amalgam fillings and replace them with composite.  The composite is matched to your teeth color, so it doesn't even look like you have fillings.

However, my boys have told me that they have ran into people with gold fillings.  Some of this dental work done over 40 years ago.  They tell me that gold is without a doubt the most reliable and durable material for working with teeth.  They tell me that because gold is malleable,  as a person chews that gold used in the filling works it's way down into even the smallest nook and cranny under the filling and seals it up.  They have told me they have never seen a gold filling that has decay underneath because it "seats" so well that there is simply no way for bacteria to get under the filling.  So even though gold fillings are more expensive, they literally can last a lifetime.

Doc

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:30 AM, Doc said:

They have told me they have never seen a gold filling that has decay underneath because it "seats" so well that there is simply no way for bacteria to get under the filling.  So even though gold fillings are more expensive, they literally can last a lifetime.

So you can take your gold with you when your time is up (or is that down) :laugh:

• Like 1

Jim,  You are even more fortunate than most of us to have your mate as your prospecting partner and she even swings a detector.

The only time my wife will detect is when we are in England together in which she usually finds the better pieces of history.

• Like 1