Equinox Battery Mah?

Cabo Chris

Does anyone know the Equinox Battery mAh rating?   ML says NOX battery lasts approx 12 hours, but doubt one could calculate the mAh, without  knowing the usage draw rate?  The Excalibur factory battery pack is rated at 1000 mAh, giving the Excal a 14-19 hour run time.  Based on that might one deduce the Equinox battery mAh somewhere between 750 and 1000 mAh?  Since lightweight was an objective, would ML have kept the NOX battery smaller?  Or might there new battery technology used in the NOX?   

6 minutes ago, AussieMatt said:

The quick start guide says it's a li-ion battery so nothing new there. Magnetic charging set up though.

4901-0248-1 GSG, EQUINOX 600 800 EN_WEB.pdf

You're right, so perhaps the battery is current technology.  Then might it be safe to estimate the NOX battery is perhaps between 1000 and 1600 mAh and closer to 1000?  Perhaps an electronics Wizzard might chime in?

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Well,

Couldn't how the detector is run frequency wise or in multi freq, indeed have different current draw rates.

Hence no way to accurately compute battery specs.

Based on what we know so far.

Using higher single freq may indeed extend battery useage time wise.

Well at this point I'll take a blind stab from my brief research and looking at the NOX grip shaft size...    and guess around a mAh rating range of 3,000 to 30,000, if it takes 5 hours to recharge at perhaps 2 AMP?  Obviously a useless deduction!  There is a reason to my madness here... I'm trying to determine the best size/mAh battery bank for the NOX.  By knowing the NOX battery mAh rating, I could determine best bank for my needs.     

Guest Tnsharpshooter
23 minutes ago, Cabo Chris said:

Well at this point I'll take a blind stab from my brief research and looking at the NOX grip shaft size...    and guess around a mAh rating range of 3,000 to 30,000, if it takes 5 hours to recharge at perhaps 2 AMP?  Obviously a useless deduction!  There is a reason to my madness here... I'm trying to determine the best size/mAh battery bank for the NOX.  By knowing the NOX battery mAh rating, I could determine best bank for my needs.     

Well,

My thoughts.

You could buy a 10,000 mha pack for around $22.

But it would be heavier than say a 6000 mha pack.

It would depend on how you configure.

Do you want to be tethered to detector carrying  battery weight on your person, or attach to detector making it heavier.

Peronally I like going with lighter weight less capacity pack.

A person could buy two 6000 mha packs and switch out as necessary, or have a spare in case one goes TU.

Now this would obviously be more for folks who are plannin to operate detector maybe in remote locations for days without access to normal charging procedures.

I have one each 10,000 and 6000 mha packs.

I normally use for my Deus units.

And the nice thing too, they can be used to pump up a cell phone.

The 10,000 mha pack would be great for that task.

19 hours ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

Well,

My thoughts.

You could buy a 10,000 mha pack for around $22.

But it would be heavier than say a 6000 mha pack.

It would depend on how you configure.

Do you want to be tethered to detector carrying  battery weight on your person, or attach to detector making it heavier.

Peronally I like going with lighter weight less capacity pack.

A person could buy two 6000 mha packs and switch out as necessary, or have a spare in case one goes TU.

Now this would obviously be more for folks who are plannin to operate detector maybe in remote locations for days without access to normal charging procedures.

I have one each 10,000 and 6000 mha packs.

I normally use for my Deus units.

And the nice thing too, they can be used to pump up a cell phone.

The 10,000 mha pack would be great for that task.

Exactly....   so perhaps multiple banks are needed.  I was thinking as going as small as possible for extended/emergency use in the field.  Knowing the NOX battery mAh rating would help.  Lets say the NOX mAh rating is 3000.  If one wanted to recharge overnight in the field, a 3000 mAh bank would only charge the NOX battery perhaps to 75%, due to voltage changes during the process.  From what I read with cell phones, if a full charge is desired one should have a bank with twice the mAh rating as the phone battery.  

I see banks now rated at 50,000+ mAh, yet still smaller would be better for extended detecting.  I guess like most things NOX, we'll have to wait and see.  I would like to know how well different banks recharge the NOX and I would also like to see how long different battery banks last while detecting on a flat NOX battery. 

• Like 1