Equinox Speaker

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Thanks Mark. I like big pictures - the say a thousand words thing you know :wink: Speaking of which...

minelab-wm08-vs-wm10-wm12.jpg

Is that an 1/8" jack on the WM 08? I sure hope not, if it is, I need to buy an angled adapter.

Yep, it is, Dan.  I am almost positive that it's 1/8" for the Equinox...

SO -- yes, I need an angled adapter as well, but don't know what we need...male 1/8 stereo to female 1/4 stereo, 90 degree, I assume?  Can you shed any light, Steve?

Steve

5 minutes ago, steveg said:

Yep, it is, Dan.  I am almost positive that it's 1/8" for the Equinox...

SO -- yes, I need an angled adapter as well, but don't know what we need...female 1/8 stereo to male 1/4 stereo, 90 degree, I assume?  Can you shed any light, Steve?

Steve

I would assume, an 1/8" male stereo to 1/4" female for the 1/4" male jack on the headphones. I may have one in my stash.

7 minutes ago, Dan(NM) said:

I would assume, an 1/8" male stereo to 1/4" female for the 1/4" male jack on the headphones. I may have one in my stash.

Yes, Dan, that's what I meant to say, 1/8 MALE to 1/4 FEMALE.  DUH!  My bad!  (I edited my post, to fix it).  What I was really asking was is stereo to stereo correct?  

On the CTX, if hooking to the control box itself, I believe the male needs to be mono, and the female stereo, is why I was asking...

Steve

9 minutes ago, steveg said:

Yes, Dan, that's what I meant to say, 1/8 MALE to 1/4 FEMALE.  DUH!  My bad!  (I edited my post, to fix it).  What I was really asking was is stereo to stereo correct?  

On the CTX, if hooking to the control box itself, I believe the male needs to be mono, and the female stereo, is why I was asking...

Steve

You know, now that you mention it, I'm wondering if one plugs into the Nox directly(who would) (me) if it's wired the same as the CTX jack(mono)  I'm running an 1/8" angled male patch cable with a 1/4" female end mounted on the back end on the Nox. I use a Periscope Probe and need to plug directly into the machine. I've tried plugging the Periscope to the WM 10 but, for some reason when the audio goes from the WM10 thru the Periscope then to my phones, the audio get distorted just enough to throw the sound off. I'm hoping that's not the case with  WM08, if it is, I have my plan in the works!!!

Steve,

I was under the impression that this was an accessory part and did notcome with the machine, if that's the case, and it does, problem solved!!

Hmmm... I thought that adapter came with the Equinox 800 but now I am not seeing it on the included items list. It may be an accessory purchased separately. I will inquire because that is a very important item for some people. Me, I have gone aptX wireless and do not expect to use the WM08 or any of my wired phones in the future with Equinox. Wireless headphones are a spoiler, and the ones that come with the Equinox 800 are actually decent. That’s what I am using.

Note that the Minelab 1/8” to 1/4” adapter has the waterproof 1/8” end on it. A person can use a cheap aftermarket 1/8” to 1/4” adapter instead but the connection would not be waterproof. People who are wading might want the Minelab adapter since it would allow the detector pod to get wet but still work with regular dry land headphones as long as the 1/4” connection is kept dry.

5AD78861-2424-47C7-BB76-41BA45494439.jpeg

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Hi Steve! Just received the Equinox 800 and installed the WM08 and the ML80 per the instructions and now the external speaker will not function. I factory reset both the detector and headphones and no speaker. I’ve combed every resource with no luck. Thanks