Got An MX Sport

Buzzard

Buzzard

I do believe you will be a happy camper with the MX Sport. You may want a small coil to go with it.

Let us here how it’s ?️‍♀️ out for you.

chuck

Buzzard 

I have the Equinox 800 on order and I have the MX but not selling the MX.

The only thing I dislike on the MX is I wish you could block out less at a time when doing it. I like the idea of blocking one number at a time. Some may say that’s not      a need for it but that’s what I want. 

Over time I’ll know if my money was well spent after receiving the Equinox. If wrong it won’t be the first I made a mistake and sure it won’t be the last.

The Best

Chuck

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I remember being a bit worried when I ordered my MX Sport about a year ago, given how poorly it was received do to early issues and the chance that I could receive one of the troubled units. Luckily I ended up with the latest version and I've been very pleased with its performance. I wanted something waterproof and to maybe compliment my V3i, just not at $2,500. To that end, I feel the MX Sport did its job and even replaced a couple of my single frequency machines including the AT Pro. I just don't understand the strategy of an MX Sport vs what should've been a Whites X5 Sport or something along those lines. I had a feeling that it wouldn't be long after I bought the MX Sport that something like the Equinox would come along.

For a company that depends on profits raised on machines in production to develop new platforms, the rollout plus the Equinox coming right on its heels has to hurt. Because of the rollout many people didn't get to realize how much better this machine is than the AT series before the death certificate of both arrived in the form of a parachute at Detectival. Whites and Garrett die hard loyalists will continue to buy those machines, but I think any hope of making any serious profit on it is out the window. Either prices will have to come down to compete or the MX Sport will have to be substantially better than the Equinox at something significant that eludes me. Flat out all metal depth possibly? 

• Like 1

Cipher

I have the MX Sport and I got it when it first came out. Oh yes I had to ride the wave of trouble it had at first but I knew White’s wouldn’t back down until they made it right. Even if I’ll have my Equinox soon I’ll still order the 6” coil for my Sport just like I’ll order the same for my Equinox.

I like to hunt any new ground with a small coil first. But if one gives me trouble I have a backup with another small coil.

Who is to say what detector will become the backup. Only this will tell over time for my likes and dislikes.

Detectors are like clothing in you don’t know if you like unless you try or wear it for a while.

The Sport has one step on the Equinox just because I’ve had time to spend with it. I’d be wrong if I didn’t give the same time and maybe even more to my Equinox to be fair .

You won’t find me post on here what is number one with me. That’s just between me and my detectors. haha

Chuck

• Like 1

after dealing with personal issues I got out with the MXS....Took it to a wel hammered spot full of trash , I have found coins there before but thought I got them all.
Well the mxs did not let me down , found 2 zinks in a place that I know I have been over before with other machines (even an MXT) I am well pleased, there is a small learning curve but practice will cure that.

• Like 1