A Discombobulated Prospecting Tale

Tis not the tale but how it is told. Told by a master, thank you, Jim may you have a golden year.  

• Like 2

That is a great job of writing Jim, and a great tale. Watch out for that bear spray it can get you. And by the way, bear spray does not work on big foot

• Like 1

Excellent!  A raconteur of renown.

In my younger days I spent many months in the bush up there and yes, perhaps because of the loneliness and remoteness there are primeval feelings that rise up in ones mind and hint to a time when others walked the woods.

• Like 1

Ha, you are a great story teller Jim, altho I seem to recall this same tale of yours  being told on Steves old AMDS forum .Guess I am not the only 60 year old who repeats himself these days...oh well...glad to hear you have had possible Bigfoot encounters too...at least you have photos to embellish your tale unlike me...too bad we cannot use our built in memory banks to recall and project what we saw to others. I was just admiring some silver specimens you sent me years ago too, thanks again...

Heck, we need a Prospectors book of short stories and tales of high adventure from members of this forum before we ferget them !!

Now if old Lanny would just give us some  tall tales to ponder over...?

-Tom

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone for dropping around with your nice comments!!! I had wanted to contribute something to this forum by way of some light reading for the holidays. Glad you enjoyed the article, it was lots of fun to write. I’ve added a multi-photo below depicting a few examples of the small silver that far more accurately reflects the vast majority of our finds in that area. 

Hi Tom… good to hear from you, and trust you enjoyed the Christmas holidays. Yes this is a revised edition of the original posted to the former AMDS forum years ago. I had hoped there would be some folks here that might enjoy the read. 

I didn’t get a look at this creature and cannot say with any confidence just what it might have been. Of course, common sense suggests that it must have been either a bear or cougar. I think the possibility of a bear would be highly unlikely, since in my experience blackbears much prefer to avoid contact with people and those that occasionally do show themselves are rarely aggressive towards us. A big cat might fit the bill, as this animal must have charged from somewhere on the perimeter of the bench where I was parked, and fortunately I was already secure inside the truck. And such a scenario suggests “ambush” which also fits quite well. 

Say Bob, thanks for sharing your advice with me, rather providential I’d say. I suppose we can only hope this mysterious and elusive creature of the deep woods, if he exists, will abandon the country. Otherwise our usual sunny prospects for that area will be somewhat shrouded in a foreboding atmosphere of gloomy uncertainty. Take care :smile:

Jim.

20161129_231316.jpg.b6e42296596aa0c458fe04cddf8eb2e5.jpg

• Like 2