Equinox & The Bottle Cap

UtahRich

Steve,

One of my favorite things about my first explorer xs back in 2000 was that with the 2D screen, I could easily identify bottle caps and not dig them. Over the years, whenever I've stepped away from my FBS detector and the 2D screen to use another conventional VLF detector, I'm always surprised when I start digging up bottle caps.

In the few weeks  before the freeze up that you were out enjoying your coin shooting with the equinox, I"m sure you had the opportunity to come across bottle caps.   How does the equinox do? 

Rich (Utah)

• Like 1

If you are just going after coins like I did here then you encounter few bottle caps. The are some of the older rusted steel typed that show up around the 12 - 13 - 14 range where the nickels show up. Obviously Equinox detects bottle caps, but they show up somewhere else. I will test my bottle cap collection and report back.

DCD9BDD3-BDFB-4F35-8FDC-3FDF883D573E.jpeg

On 1/3/2018 at 10:21 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

If you are just going after coins like I did here then you encounter few bottle caps. The are some of the older rusted steel typed that show up around the 12 - 13 - 14 range where the nickels show up. Obviously Equinox detects bottle caps, but they show up somewhere else. I will test my bottle cap collection and report back.

Thanks Steve,

I'm interested to see if the multi-IQ is able to find something unique about bottle caps that would help in identifying them.  When I am hunting old parks or yards, I'm still that guy that digs too many iffy signals knowing they may be junk or a deep rusty nail, BUT, they may also be a keeper right next to the junk.  This is where the speed and improved TID of the equinox may be a boost to my yard and park hunting.

Rich -

I detect with A CTX and have dug a few items on the beach that were iffy bottle cap signals that ended up being keys or a junk watch. Anyone else have a similar target if so what did it end up being.