Trinityau.com

TRINITYAU

Hi Ray,

Well, I will let you take it up with the experts. Go here https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ and plug your site address in.

Not trying to be critical. My own sites could be better. But I have been building them since 1998 so have picked up a thing or two.

Hello Steve, I figured I would hear something pretty fast. I sometimes sound as if I am coming on strong, that is not the case, that is 22 years of military coming out. I get that at work all the time. LOL  I would appreciate any help you can offer.

This is the same site that we went to at the college. When my site was scanned Google Tools came up with the same four image lines to be optimized/compressed. The scan was done for both desktop and mobile and the results were the same. I was told by Google Support that it is a balancing act between desktop and mobile. What can be optimized on one sometimes cannot be optimized on the other. I was basically told that if I wanted the site to come up the way I would like it to come up then there was nothing I could do with these four image lines that show up on the analyze site. I talked to three other support persons who all told me the same thing.

I will be the first to tell you and admit to others that I am no expert at all on computer and internet technology. I have to trust what I am being told. I tried to do the things you mentioned to no avail. At one time I was so irritated with how things showed up that I went to the library with three friends and their laptops/phones. All four screens on the mobiles were different on some pages and phones. Yes, there was a difference in viewing my site on a Droid than how it was viewed on a Samsung. The laptops all showed up the same. Later that afternoon, after compressing those four image lines, the laptops were fine but the mobile devices were way worse. I settled with what I have now. If you know a way in which I can run at full optimization please call me. I would like my site to operate on all devices to full capacity. Thanks, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

I like the site Ray. Did you use a template or is it from scratch?

Google just recently changed the way their speed tool works so everybody gets a lower score now. I wouldn't worry about it - your page load speeds didn't change - just the "standards".

Optimizing your site to Google standards is fine if you want a fast site on an Android phone running Chrome browser. You will be chasing your tail for the foreseeable future though. The Google Kids like to change the standards every few weeks.

• 9 months later...

I have to say after reading Rays book twice now. Then spending 2 days with him in the field for some

geology training it was time and money well spent.

Actually it was information over load, as he is a wealth of information and knowledge.

Its impossible to put 40+ years of training into a few hours, but he does a heck of a job trying. I must say I had a ball with him, and feel I could call him a friend. He wants you to succeed and have fun doing it.

I look forward to a bit of detector training on my new gpx4500 with him in the near future as well.

I just thought this post should be bumped for those that may be thinking about needing some training, or

looking for more good information.

S.Dee

• Like 2

The site loaded ok for me. Not as snappy as Steve's site but hey, it's a virgin site.

I use a Mac with Safari as browser and it's about 10 years old.

I love all the flicks from "gold country"! 

Great work Ray - keep it coming! Good stuff to gnaw on during the cold winter days -