Equinox In Wet Salt Sand. By Neil Jones.

Thanks, but the content can only be viewed if you join the U.K. Beach Detecting Group.  Do you have another source?

• Haha 1

I know many $1000+ detectors would not hit that coin in the wet salt beach.

What was nice is the see how smooth the detector was operating at.

Yes I can turn up the GAIN/SENS on any detector to here a target, but when you sweep off to the side, the chatter is quite noticeable and this one was very stable.

I won't say it yet until I actually try it on a Salt Water beach, but this could be my new travel companion.  So much more easier to pack than my 3030 too.  Plus I won't have to worry about leaking battery seal.

My 40+ years of detecting has seen many new machines and some were very good.  The new EQ-800 is getting me all giddi again for so many reasons too.

• Like 2

Does ANYBODY who posts videos about ANYTHING know how to shield a microphone from the wind?

21 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I know many $1000+ detectors would not hit that coin in the wet salt beach.

What was nice is the see how smooth the detector was operating at.

Yes I can turn up the GAIN/SENS on any detector to here a target, but when you sweep off to the side, the chatter is quite noticeable and this one was very stable.

I won't say it yet until I actually try it on a Salt Water beach, but this could be my new travel companion.  So much more easier to pack than my 3030 too.  Plus I won't have to worry about leaking battery seal.

My 40+ years of detecting has seen many new machines and some were very good.  The new EQ-800 is getting me all giddi again for so many reasons too.

Our Caribbean travel group have 8 units on order!  We're hoping the NOX is good enough to replace our Excaliburs.  Especially since it seems to behave so well in wet salt sand in the video.  I would like to see it performing waist deep in saltwater.  But things are sure looking good.  I have already designed a customized NOX travel bag for myself to carry 2 detectors and 2 sets of waterproof headphones- Oh speaking of which again, ML told me to order water phones now!  Last time I inquired no dealer had a clue about the waterproof headphone availability and why I called ML.  Mine are on order So I can test NOX underwater as soon as possible.  

I did everything possible to obtain an Equinox this month for our Jan 16th trip.  7 days in the sea for many hours daily would be a great test, and I expect the NOX to shine!  If not this trip will test next months trip, or when released.  

As nice as the Equinox looks and hopefully will be for all our needs, it would be even better were it a folding design.  Imagine just folding an Equinox up and sticking it in your backpack!!!  The worst thing possibly about the Equinox will be... everyone will have or want one and there will be less treasure to find!!!!   Kidding obviously!