Tnsharpshooter

Thread For New Detectorist Using Deus And New Deus Users

Update: USING GOLD FIELD

Been out today on a old Roman site, very worked out for many years, believe me, finds here are very far and few between.....

however I searched using G/Field, lots of iron naturally, struggled initially, with the amount of feedback from iron contamination on this site,,,  however this program is relatively new to me, so persevere I did,, as the day went on things started to all click, what was the game changer was when I experimented with the XY Screen,, ( I've never been fan of this before) but it's extremely accurate using G/ Field!! Amazingly accurate information!!

My advice to anyone interested in trying G/Field is to have a try using the XY screen! I certainly was amazed with the accuracy!

By the end of the day I managed to find several Roman coins including 1silver Denarius!

All in all ,,,, very impressive!

settings below....( GB of 66 was grabbed early in the day and I never had to adjust for rest of the day, machine ran really stable on this GB number)

Elliptical coil

Disc...IAR 5

GB.... 66

reactivity ... 4

sens.... 95....

Audio Response.... 4

threshold...0

Frequency...74 KHz

XY Screen 

Hope this helps at least one person!!!!

regards

Dave.

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing Dave.

I mean this sincerely.

Nothing like having someone here who hunts the polluted sites to share info with results.

• Like 1

David, with all your effort and contributions here,, your more than welcome!!👍

• Like 2

Thanks Tn for such well thought out posts. As a new Deus user it is incredibly helpful. I mainly hunt the beaches of SoCal and so far I go by the tones and just keep the remote in my pocket. Now I’m inspired to take it out and look at what it’s telling me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rexhavoc said:

Forgive me, but how does one get into X/Y from GF? Trying to save a custom program. 

Hit the OPTION button,

go to CONFIGURATION,

then PROFILE, 

then XY.... set magnify to, five or six...by pressing down on the pinpoint button for a second or two,

• Like 3

I just copied all these instructions to a word document and printed it out.......21 pages !!!

And well worth it.