The Equinox Your Pride And Joy A Case For It

This one I got at a gun show this past weekend for 65 dollars.Got big pockets and a small compartment under the pockets to put other items if need. Was made for two gun but took the center out being not enough room for two detectors.

I buy this type of case for all my detectors. 

Chuck

2489FDD1-8F70-4749-AA3D-F2B47FC62B21.jpeg

AEA81C67-E038-48CE-B8EE-86F739D43116.jpeg

• Like 4

Here is a case you can buy from Academy. The regular price is 79 but sometimes you can get it on sale for 59 after hunting season.

Chuck

A08ABC14-0FC3-451B-9457-40402C9D56EF.jpeg

• Like 1

I have a variety of cases and yours looks quite nice with good amounts of pockets...big plus.

Different thoughts run through my mind when I put a detector in a gun case or fancy gun bag, especially if it is sitting in my truck.  Folks are watching... point is.  Years ago my buddy and I loaded the truck with some guns one evening to get up early for a long drive and hunt.  When we got to the truck in AM, the window was broke out and the guns were stolen.  We learned.

So on the cheap, if you are not worried about damage from big dog or cooler bouncing around and you plan on laying it in a spot that won't get crushed, then a long beach towel works wonders.   Here is what you do.  Buy a couple at Yard Sales for $1 each and fold them over length wise and sow the edges together.  If you want to add a few pockets, take a couple wash cloths and sew them on the inside as well, to hold headphones, batteries etc.

Or purchase a fine looking one like you have and quit wasting time at Yard Sales....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Gerry

You o so right but I keep them where they can’t be seen.

Out sight out of mind.

A lock is just for a honest person.

Chuck

• Like 1

I keep my most used detectors in 'detector' cases to ease in handling and prevent incidental damage when they are stored. I like the heavy duty look and protection of the gun cases, but would be leery of using one for the reasons mentioned above. I find it helpful to keep an old blanket in the car to cover items so they are out of sight. The blanket has no high dollar brand logos or other advertisement that might attract the interest of somebody walking by.

Rich (Utah)

• Like 2

I baby my equipment. Hard cases if I'm traveling in the truck, and padded backpacks for motorcycles. I usually use a protective cover like those offered by Thesaurus Detecting . The Equinox will be no different. Recurve bow cases work well with many different metal detector brands. I never store anything valuable inside a vehicle.

• Like 1

I have an unused Minelab bag I bought for my CTX I had at the time so I’ll end up using that. Although I rarely use anything when I go to the beach.

19 hours ago, tsunamiscott said:

There's nothing better than a redundant security system. dobermansalarm.thumb.jpg.23790440ad7fdf9ea9983771e1d887ef.jpg

I remember the film Rambo First Blood , 3 of those Dogs were sent after him too !!

I go to the beach by Bus and the machine goes assembled so unless they can prise it out of my hands whilst i am kicking their nuts they aren't whoever they are going to have it. 

Its my Baby LOL

17 hours ago, tsunamiscott said:

I baby my equipment. Hard cases if I'm traveling in the truck, and padded backpacks for motorcycles. I usually use a protective cover like those offered by Thesaurus Detecting . The Equinox will be no different. Recurve bow cases work well with many different metal detector brands. I never store anything valuable inside a vehicle.

Agree -- those Thesaurus covers are NICE...

Steve