X-Terra 705 Gold Vs Nokta Fors Gold

Steve, the 705 i am looking at says X-terra 705 on the control box so i assume it isn't a fake. So you think the 705 might be a better backup for the V-sat than one of the higher Khz units like the GM 1000 since i already have the V-sat?

I sell both and have used both. Here's a few points of difference. 

• 705 can be run on different frequencies (with different coils), the Fors Gold+ is locked on 19kHz
  • FG+ has an adjustable iSat, the 705 doesn't
  • FG+ has a search/night light, the 705 doesn't
  • All the FG+ coils are waterproof. The 705 10x5" elliptical and 10.5" round are not, but the others are.
  • Both run on 4 x AA's and have great run time
  • 705 is a little lighter, but the FG+ is better balanced, particularly with bigger coils
  • 705 has target notching ability, FG+ doesn't 
  • 705 has a Iron Mask circuit in all-metal mode, whereas the FG+ has an active target ID in its all-metal mode
  • Both have very good volume, auto tracking, auto GB/reset/grab, adjustable Audio Tone, Freq shift

Where they differ more is in the Disc modes. The 705 has a single style disc mode, but you can save 4 different "patterns" or levels of discrimination. The Disc mode is a beep mode, and does have various tone options, 4-tone, multi etc. This is what most coin hunters want. 

The FG+ has two different Disc modes Fast & Boost, but both of them are VCO or modulated audio. Both are two-tone modes, i.e. low tone for ferrous, and high tone for non-ferrous, but targets get higher in pitch the bigger/closer they are. This is generally the type of Disc mode preferred by Relic hunters, but I love the modulated audio for searching for shallow modern coins in certain areas, as I can ignore the deeper mellower responses. 

So basically, the 705 gives you more versatility to hunt for coins, especially with 7.5 kHz coil options, and notching.

The Fors Gold+ is more a gold/relic hunter, and for those who like to hunt more so by audio. 

• Like 3

P T, thank you for the info on the 2, i appreciate it. It is appearing more and more that i should just use and learn the V-sat i have for now or maybe replace it with a Gold Monster 1000 or Macro Gold Racer. How do those two compare?

• 2 weeks later...

I would go with the Gold Monster 1000. You can't go wrong with this detector. It is very effective and capable and is fully automatic or run it in manual sensitivity.  For me the Gold Monster 1000 and X-terra 705 is what I use and have great success. I will be adding the Equinox 800 which I will be getting from Gerry. All gold shown below was found with the 705 and the Monster.

1107171200~2.jpg

1107171301a-2340x3120.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks appreciate the input. For now i picked up a good deal on an AT Gold.

Let me know when you are ready to pull the trigger GS4000, as I have many EQ-800's on order.  Expecting them to start shipping next week too. Nice finds BTW.

I will. Just dropped $1150 on a high end laptop to edit the educational videos I will be starting this spring. I'm thinking my taxes will help get it.