X-Terra 705 Gold Vs Nokta Fors Gold

Is one of these any better than the other for nugget hunting or are they about the same? How do they stack up compared to the GMT? Any input appreciated as always. Thanks

• Like 1

Rod K., I have never sold or used the Nokta so it would be wise to not comment on what I don't know.

As for the X-Terra 705 and how it performs and or compares to the GMT.  If you are going for smaller nuggets of .5 gram and less, I prefer the GMT mainly because of its higher kHz operating frequency.  If you are going for larger nuggets, I'll take the X-705 as it is Deeper on big gold and also can be used for a variety of hunts.  Plus it is $300 less money than the GMT.

But in reality, the X-705 is what I classify as a True Multi Purpose Detector and the GMT is a dedicated Gold Detector. 

Attached photos of X-Terra gold finds and then I'll reply showing a GMT video I did while training customers.

1X705D.jpg

1X705E.jpg

1X705I.jpg

1X705L.jpg

• Like 3

Here is the video of the GMT that could help you or anyone else with a few tips/tricks being shown.  Now realize, I am not saying the GMT can't find Big Gold...because I have found some good sized pieces with it and some of my customers have found bigger..but the X-705 does it better on big gold and the GMT does it better on small gold.

• Like 3

Thanks Gerry for the info. I watched your video a while back on You Tube. Good vid.

Now if you really want to see the variety of uses with the X-705 and why I sell more of them in the Western States of the US (because one detector for under $500 can do many things), watch this video.  It is is not me (with 40+ years of detecting experience), but one of my customers who was pretty new at it at the time and in fact he purchased the X-Terra from me based of our discussion and the different things he wanted to accomplish with 1 detector.

Even today, I feel the X-705 is one of the best all around detectors for the price and I am sure many other people will agree.

So you need to figure out (or you already know) do you want a dedicated gold detector or a multi purpose detector.

Hope this info I am sharing helps.  It is not a Tricks/Tips video but more of a: what can be found with the X-705.  I have other videos for Tips/Tricks on my site.

• Like 1

Gerry, Well, right now i am looking mainly at a detector from the Gold Nugget point of view. I have the GM V-sat with 3 coils now. Mainly what i was wanting was something NEW. I am a horse trader and the buying, trading, dealing is what i like. But the X-terra looks like a good one. I have one locally that i can get for $250 but not certain i really want to .

Gerry, so how would you say the 705 compares to the Gold Bug Pro?

11 hours ago, Rod K said:

Gerry, Well, right now i am looking mainly at a detector from the Gold Nugget point of view.

Rod,  With the above statement, I would not recommend the 705 or the GB-Pro, as neither of them are True Nugget Detectors.

The GB-2, GMT, GM-1000 all run a higher kHz and will find a variety of different kinds of gold better and are also best at the majority of gold (small nuggets).

As for a good deal on an X-705?  I know nothing about that exact detector, how it was used, any warranty, condition, repairs etc.

A good way to see the average selling price of a detector it go to eBay and check Previous Sales.

Sounds like you are set for nugget detecting already Rod. The 19 kHz Gold Bug Pro and 705 with 18.75 kHz coil plus the 19 kHz Nokta FORS Gold+ are roughly comparable in performance on nuggets. The earlier 15 kHz Nokta FORS Gold has been discontinued but is still available new from some dealers.

If you just want something new to play with, $250 is a smoking deal on a 705 in good condition.  It is certainly a more feature rich detector than either the Gold Bug Pro or Nokta Gold. Be aware X-Terra 705 counterfeits exist.

https://www.minelab.com/customer-care/stop-counterfeits

• Like 2

Steve, well the only detector i have at this time is the V-sat. I had to sell my TDI SL and Gold Bug a while back when i thought i was going to have to make a trip to Mich. because my dad wasn't doing good. But he is better now so i bought the V-sat to have something. I want to get another one mainly for a back up as i am hoping to take a long trip in the Spring from here in Western Oregon to Rye Patch Nevada and don't want to drive that far without a backup detector. I would really like to get another TDI Sl but can't afford it at this time. So i am looking at the others. I found the X-terra 705 and a Nokta Fors Gold here in Oregon. I could get the 705 for $250 or the Nokta for $400. But now i am thinking maybe a Gold Monster 1000 or Macro Gold Racer. Are those two fairly comparable nugget wise?